Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Not My Way
Posted By: Techiechick, 04-12-2008, 03:38 PM

I was playing around with B/W. This is my grand daughter Katarina (3 years old). We were at the Jacksonville Zoo. She wanted to go in one direction and we were going in the other. As you can see she was not happy with our decision.

Last edited by Techiechick; 05-07-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Views: 3,609
04-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perfetto! I just love the expression, composition and the tonal range and contrast!
04-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Perfetto! I just love the expression, composition and the tonal range and contrast!
Thank you Georg. She is so photogenic (if I do say so myself) It's hard not to get a good shot of her. Thanks for looking and your kind comment.
04-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wish to see her smile in a forum post some day...

Last edited by gawan; 04-12-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo
04-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Fantastic photo! only thing is looks like a bit too much pp sharpening... but i might be wrong.what lens, out of interest?
04-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
I was playing around with B/W. This is my grand daughter Katarina (3 years old). We were at the Jacksonville Zoo. She wanted to go in one direction and we were going in the other. As you can see she was not happy with our decision.
I had to show this photo to my wife. It is excellent! Wow, cute little girl and great expression. Keep this one for her when she grows up. She has such beautiful eyes!
04-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelpruner Quote
Fantastic photo! only thing is looks like a bit too much pp sharpening... but i might be wrong.what lens, out of interest?
Thank you for looking, I tried not to sharpen too much because I liked the soft focus. I could appear this way due to the image resizing, the large copy on my computer looks soft. I used a Tamron 28-300, I think the focal length was about 160.

04-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
I had to show this photo to my wife. It is excellent! Wow, cute little girl and great expression. Keep this one for her when she grows up. She has such beautiful eyes!

Thank you for looking Tom, I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed it. I live north of Gainesville, and we go to the zoo several times a year, the kids just love it and you always see something different. I will most definitely keep this for future "use"
04-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I'm sure I will be able to comply Georg. We have her and her brother and sister at least 2 times a month to give Mom and Dad a break.
04-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Dian, this is one great picture which really tells a story too Love it!
04-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
Dian, this is one great picture which really tells a story too Love it!
Thank you Rosemary. She certainly has a bucket full of expressions. Thanks for looking.
04-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Kids are the best for emotions... great capture.
04-12-2008, 08:49 PM   #13

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
WOWWW.. great capture, fantastic expression too... it's a kind of picture I would hang on my living room wall

Thanks for sharing
04-12-2008, 09:26 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diane,

I think this is a remarkable capture. As the image was seen before your comment was read, the comment certainly explains the obvious "attitude" you captured so superbly in the image.

A very powerful candid portrait.

Stephen
04-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #15
Inactive Account

What a great candid shot! No one needs to guess she is sad, whatever the reason. Kids are usually like that, but it is rare you get to capture the moment. As adults we learn to suppress our true emotions while she is wearing her heart on her sleeve.

Thanks for sharing.