Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Descending Jabal al-Qal'a to the Roman Amphitheater (Amman, Jordan)
Lens: DA L 18-55mm, M 135mm 3.5 Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Amman, Jordan 
Posted By: causey, 01-30-2014, 01:42 PM

The complete set, on my blog.
Views: 872
01-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fascinating place Stefan. TFS.
01-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Fascinating place Stefan. TFS.
Indeed! Thank you for visiting the thread, Susan.
01-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for taking us along your wonderful descent to the amphitheater - I enjoyed the walk and the great photos .

It's amazing how far the Romans spread their architecture and culture with the technology of that era. Before I retired, I collaborated with a research group at a small university in Tarragona, Spain. From my hotel room, I was able to look down on a Roman amphitheater (though much smaller) following the same design. Those guys just got around .

Jer

01-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Thanks for taking us along your wonderful descent to the amphitheater - I enjoyed the walk and the great photos .

It's amazing how far the Romans spread their architecture and culture with the technology of that era. Before I retired, I collaborated with a research group at a small university in Tarragona, Spain. From my hotel room, I was able to look down on a Roman amphitheater (though much smaller) following the same design. Those guys just got around .

Jer

I know, I am Romanian Thank you for your words, Jer. I'm very happy to be able to take my fellow Pentaxians on my trips

Last edited by causey; 01-30-2014 at 07:32 PM.
01-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sure if these are out of this world or other worldly Stefan but I sure enjoyed the photos. It would appear to me that a large earthquake would level parts of the city, but it has stood all these years so I guess it was built correctly.
01-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
Pentaxian

I really enjoyed this trip to a very different cityscape. Great perspectives on a very, very old city!

01-31-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I'm not sure if these are out of this world or other worldly Stefan but I sure enjoyed the photos. It would appear to me that a large earthquake would level parts of the city, but it has stood all these years so I guess it was built correctly.

Thank you, Bob. Amman has well developed, modern areas, too. The center is the historic part of the city. Also, one of the poorest parts, but resilient, nevertheless, as you can see.
01-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
I really enjoyed this trip to a very different cityscape. Great perspectives on a very, very old city!
Thank you very much. That's why I like sharing my travel pics!
01-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very interesting series. I like the images of the citizens just going about their business. The street art is also very interesting, especially when compared to some of the mindless graffiti plaguing our city.
02-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
A very interesting series. I like the images of the citizens just going about their business. The street art is also very interesting, especially when compared to some of the mindless graffiti plaguing our city.
Thank you, Bruce... Jordanians are nice people: kind, and generally correct. Many of them are very poor, but one can see they have good hearts. I love Jordan--hope to go back there one day.