Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Department of Redundancy Department
Posted By: daacon, 04-12-2008, 10:43 PM

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2409666018_eaeb72eea7_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Notice you are also not allowed to walk on the water either
Views: 2,747
04-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is like Daja Vu "all over again"!!

Ah our wonderful litigious society that makes Tim's put "CAUTION HOT" on a cup of coffee. We now live with stupid signs like these.
04-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I just met a young girl who was a quadriplegic as a result of a diving accident from 10 metre tall rock into a knee-deep creek.

She won her litigation against local council for not putting a sign that it is dangerous to dive into the creel. She got 2 storey house in Melbourne with the whole building equiped with hoists, motored lifts and elevators.
04-13-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yep, great to live in a society where people don't need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Thanks for posting, Dave; no doubt about it, it looks cold in there!

04-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Ah our wonderful litigious society that makes Tim's put "CAUTION HOT" on a cup of coffee. We now live with stupid signs like these.
Thanks Peter. No kidding we should almost start a thread for signs such as these, Slippery When Wet (what pavement slippery !) , Wind Gusts (sign in the flat spots of the higway) , Rocks Fall (driving by the side of a rocky cliff) ..it goes on and on ...

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I just met a young girl who was a quadriplegic as a result of a diving accident from 10 metre tall rock into a knee-deep creek.
She won her litigation against local council for not putting a sign that it is dangerous to dive into the creel. She got 2 storey house in Melbourne with the whole building equiped with hoists, motored lifts and elevators.
Thanks James Wow that is a tragic story for sure , but as tragic as it is someone was taking advantage of the situation.

QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
Yep, great to live in a society where people don't need to take responsibility for their own actions.
Thanks for posting, Dave; no doubt about it, it looks cold in there!
Thanks Steve - it is a sign of the times for sure. And cold haha it was 22 C last night! We are warming up up here (hopefully) still a chance of the occasional snow storm but hey our first ball game is scheduled in two weeks so spring is coming.
04-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

It's rampant in NJ as well... No Ice Skating!

04-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Especially redundant when there's no ice!

04-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Perfect Example !

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Especially redundant when there's no ice!
Yep overstating the obvious would be an intersting idea for a picture thread...
04-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
Veteran Member

You caught me with headline, Dave. Apart from the thought, I also find your photo very interesting, I had to look at it a while to grasp all different distances! Nice colours also!
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #10

Not the best or most exciting picture but snapped this in a park in CO...which was odd as there were no buildings or anything around suggesting they get heavy catering traffic, let alone handicapped caterers!?!

04-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thnaks for the comments gawan - there are a few colors there ...this was with the Bigma and I think at 500mm have to look)

Double A

nice I like that
04-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Lol Dave, its the same over here aswell.
Health and Safety has gone bonkers over the last few years. Infact im looking at my tobacco pouch now and its telling me that 'smoking causes a slow and painful death' gee, thanks Mr Prime Minister im going to stop right now. Of course, he is correct, but I dont need reminding every 5 minutes........Sorry, rant over!

Nice picture though
04-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
You can say that again, Peter.

Jer
04-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Lol Dave, its the same over here aswell.
Health and Safety has gone bonkers over the last few years. Infact im looking at my tobacco pouch now and its telling me that 'smoking causes a slow and painful death' gee, thanks Mr Prime Minister im going to stop right now. Of course, he is correct, but I dont need reminding every 5 minutes........Sorry, rant over!
Nice picture though
I hear that ! Companies tying to protect themselfs. You ever read you car owners manual ? There are some priceless tips there (do not drive with the trunk open, etc ...)

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You can say that again, Peter.
Jer
Loop

And just to close this up - here is a pic from yeterday same place - not sure how 'thin' this ICE needs to be before the sign goes to 'No Swimming'

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3094/2424302128_18dfc1aeab_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]
04-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Double A Quote
Not the best or most exciting picture but snapped this in a park in CO...which was odd as there were no buildings or anything around suggesting they get heavy catering traffic, let alone handicapped caterers!?!

I love this shot, DA. Is that a bullet hole in the upper left hand corner of the sign?

Jer