Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Followup to Not My Way....
Posted By: Techiechick, 04-13-2008, 01:22 PM

For all of you who viewed and left your kind comments of my Grand Daughter Katarina. I thought you might want to see that her expressiveness comes honestly. This is a photo that my sister took of Katarina's mom, my daughter Amy in 1979. (sorry it was taken with a Nikon, some people just don't know what a good camera is). This is a scanned image of the original that is hanging on my wall.

Last edited by Techiechick; 05-07-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Views: 1,172
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member
gawan's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Helsinki
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,400
QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
For all of you who viewed and left your kind comments of my Grand Daughter Katarina. I thought you might want to see that her expressiveness comes honestly. This is a photo that my sister took of Katarina's mom, my daughter Amy in 1979. (sorry it was taken with a Nikon, some people just don't know what a good camera is). This is a scanned image of the original that is hanging on my wall.
Ah, these threads change so swiftly, I almost missed this one.

Again a perfect moment! So innocent look in her eyes, must be nice in print - and not just upon the fire place but on the wall...
04-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: High Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 571
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Ah, these threads change so swiftly, I almost missed this one.

Again a perfect moment! So innocent look in her eyes, must be nice in print - and not just upon the fire place but on the wall...

Thank you Georg. My sister gave this to me when she was unpacking after moving from So. Fla. to be near me. I couldn't believe the similarities of the pose and expression in the two shots, almost 30 years apart.
04-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #4
Senior Member
silverelantra's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jakarta
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 104
QuoteQuote:
This is a photo that my sister took of Katarina's mom, my daughter Amy in 1979.
Yes I can see from whom Katarina got that honest expression..
I'm looking forward to see your shot on the expression of Katarina's daughter

04-15-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member
KrisK10D's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,274
WOW!!! Apart from the expression and hair, they're almost identical. Very, very cool
04-15-2008, 03:58 AM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: High Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 571
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by silverelantra Quote
Yes I can see from whom Katarina got that honest expression..
I'm looking forward to see your shot on the expression of Katarina's daughter
Thank you for taking the time to looik. I hope to still be here to post a pic of here daughter. I would love to imagine what camera Pentax will have by then
04-15-2008, 04:00 AM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: High Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 571
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
WOW!!! Apart from the expression and hair, they're almost identical. Very, very cool
Thank you Kris, that's why I decided to post it. Amy had stick straight hair when she was little, but now as an adult has very curly hair like Katarina, go figure.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, daughter, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-x battery followup maxmagnum Pentax DSLR Discussion 12 02-21-2010 02:32 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top