Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

When there's nothing but snow around
Posted By: MSL, 02-06-2014, 09:01 PM

I had hoped for blazing sunshine and no wind, and perhaps slightly less than brutal temperatures.

It was overcast, blowing snow and cold enough to drop the charge on my battery to closed to dead pretty quick. So I didn't get to try as many experiments as I wanted to.

But with snowbanks on our street approaching 4 feet high, I figured the only way to have less snow was to look at it using a macro lens.

Pretty close to 1:1 - hard to get the focus at minimum distance. Too darn cold to keep adjusting the tripod. Likely f8 or f11.

Views: 1,454
02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did find it Marc.It shows that great minds do think alike.--charliezap
Name:  marc shot..jpg
Views: 69
Size:  183.4 KB

02-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Nice charlie. The one thing I'm hoping works in my image, and which I'm going to try to capture again is the mix of the ice crystals on a background of wood grain (in this case a hand rail). I tried to take a few more on Friday and by the time I got out there most of the snow on the rail had disappeared. One patch that tried to photograph started to levitate on one side from the intense sunlight beaming down, which I guess was heating part of it on the underside. None of the photos really worked, but I may try to post one just to show what I mean as I'm sure it isn't easy to visualize.