Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New Here, A Couple of my Photos
Posted By: McD, 01-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself, I just signed up to this site and have owned my K110D for about a month now and I love it. I'm not to new to photography and have owned a Digital Rebel in the past which I had to sell to pay for my schooling. I finally saved up some money and could afford a camera so I picked up the K110D after hearing awesome reviews on it. I can say that I definatly like it more then my rebel and I was super impressed with the kit lens for the price. But anyways, here's a few photo's that I've taken with it so far.

Kyle.

Views: 2,994
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Kyle, and welcome to the Forum and Pentax. That first shot is absolutely stunning.
Cheers.
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi Kyle,
I'm glad you like your Pentax. The K110 is a very good entry level camera but don't let the entry level prefix make you think the camera is cheep. I bought the istDL as an entry level camera about two years ago and I have no trouble keeping up with the rest of the D's and the new K100. I still haven't given up on getting a k10 but this will be awhile.

Your first shots are very good and I love your last shot of the cat. Very clear and great color. Congrats on coming to the light, and enjoy your new camera.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
01-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Kyle

As the others have mentioned earlier, welcome to Pentax and to the forum. The K110D is a very underrated camera because of the other brands' marketing budgets. Glad to know that a lot of people can see right through that and make a well informed decision.

What great photos! Your first shot really caught my eye with the deep colour of the sky with the shadow of the tree. The second shot, to me, was impressive - Did you used the kit lens for this, opened wide and cropped, or did you use another lens (wide angle)? I really liked it. The eyes of the cat in your third shot really draw attention to it. Very well done!

01-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome Kyle, it's nice to see another Canadian here

I'm partial to your second photo, but that's because I just like castles.
01-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi McD

great shots from up north!
I like the first and the third, but there nothing wrong with the second one either
I am glad you are happy with the k110.... your pics really show it!

cheers from a slightly warmer part of ontario

randy
01-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Very nicely done. The colour is great in the first shot and I love the symetry of the second one.

Welcome to the forums, too! Looks like the Ontarians are taking over

01-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
McD

Original Poster
thanks for all the comments guys, like i said im very impressed with this camera and the kit lens, i was very impressed with the metal lens mount with the kit lens, im pretty sure that the nikon and canon kit lenses come with a plastic mount, so that was a plus, thanks for the comments on the pictures, I'm sure that I will get to know you all pretty well in the future, thanks

Kyle.
01-23-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Wow, is that cat a prop!? j/k The composition, background and colour of that cat's eyes couldn't be any more perfect! The others are great too, especially the first. Great way to make an entrance in a forum!
01-23-2007, 02:07 AM   #10
Veteran Member

The cat photo really pops!

Welcome to pentaxforums
01-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
McD

Original Poster
Thanks again for the comments, and to Alvin, yes I used the 18-55 for the second photo and I don't belive I cropped it whatsoever.
01-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kyle,

Welcome to the forum, you made quite an entrance with these 3 photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Heinrich