Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Attempt at a Nighttime Cityscape
Posted By: ThunderVamp9, 04-14-2008, 08:47 PM

I've wanted to try this type of shot for a long time, and had a good opportunity to do so this weekend. It took a couple tries to get what I felt was the right exposure time. There was some wind, which caused an interesting effect on the water as I was shooting from a small cove that offered a little shelter from the wind. This resulted in the visible difference between the water in the bay and the water in the cove. As a huge fan of B&W, I felt the conversion was a better end result.

Camera: K100D
13 Second Exposure
ISO200
35mm Focal Length
f4.5

Last edited by ThunderVamp9; 04-15-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Views: 1,700
04-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Igilligan

I like this shot, I like the two textures in the water and also two in the sky... I would like to see it bigger, I think it would print nice in a large size.

Have you printed it yet?
04-15-2008, 05:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like it as well but if mine I would crop out some of the open space on top. Actually I would crop a lot off the top. As I scroll up and down looking at the shot I think it would be better with just a inch or so above the buildings. Just my thoughts. Nice work on the conversion.
04-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I like this shot, I like the two textures in the water and also two in the sky... I would like to see it bigger, I think it would print nice in a large size.

Have you printed it yet?
Thank you. I haven't printed it yet, but plan on doing it this weekend.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick:
I like it as well but if mine I would crop out some of the open space on top. Actually I would crop a lot off the top. As I scroll up and down looking at the shot I think it would be better with just a inch or so above the buildings. Just my thoughts. Nice work on the conversion.
I thought of that when I was framing the shot, but decided that I wanted to get both the clouds and the clear sky with stars in the shot, and that wasn't possible if I cropped out most of the top.