Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

3 Photos; Showin' Off At The Dogpark.
Posted By: rbefly, 02-18-2014, 12:11 PM

I guess dogs like some attention too, especially when they're performing favorite 'tricks'. This one loves to make the leaping catch or find abandoned discs, paw them until they flip upside-down, clamp on, then romp around like it was a trophy. Soon, it's dropped and we start all over again.
I had a hard time making sure the beautiful texture of the black coat came out well, against the sun-bleached sand. This is a great-looking animal!
K-5, FA 100mm f/3.5 macro, f/4.5, 1/800s, ISO 80, 0.3EV.
Ron

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,534
02-21-2014, 08:13 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great action shots, Ron. And as others have noted - you did a super job handling a tricky exposure situation.

Jer

02-22-2014, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Great shots. The whippet adds great perspective to the drama.
02-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks!

Thank you, Jer and OTW, I appreciate it.
This posting has hung around quite a while, must be plenty of dog-lovers here!
These may be my only 'action' shots for a year or so, everything else will be 1/30s or slower. Kodachrome training.
Ron

---------- Post added 02-22-14 at 07:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I try to take pics of my dog running but unfortunately she is running at me and then leaping to rebound off of me so it is a little difficult since a dog missile is coming at me!
Hi shervonne,
That sounds a little tricky, alone. Can you have someone else throw a ball or disc? That would help your positioning and composition/focus time.
Just an idea,
Ron