Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Timelapse: Kaunas in motion
Camera: Pentax K-30, Pentax K200D, Canon EOS 60D Photo Location: Kaunas, Lithuania 
Posted By: Khaj1t, 02-20-2014, 12:46 PM

Hello. First of all, sorry if this post is not in the right section.
I'd like to share a timelapse video I've made several months ago about my home town Kaunas. I've started shooting and collecting photos sometime on September 2012, it took me almost a year to collect almost everything I wanted. Of course, I wasn't shooting everyday. Most of the photos were made with my K-30, some of them with K200D, and few episodes with my sister's EOS 60D.
Several episodes photos were processed in HDR. I have approximately ~250GB of photos and video footage for this 5 minute long timelapse movie. It was a tedious work to choose carefully each episode, each photo. Used exactly 19547 photos in the timelapse movie.
I used kit Pentax 18-55mm and Sigma 70-300mm lenses.
Hope you'll like it. I felt in love with Pentax and have lots of new timelapse ideas.

Cheers
Views: 677
02-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Kaunas in motion
I really enjoyed watching this and may I say very professional video.

It would break my heart to have a years work and some 19547 images, all over in in 5 minutes when put all together.
02-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was very well done, some great use of the time lapse method.
02-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Really great work, looks so professional. Beautiful photos and really well done time-lapse. You should be proud!

02-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank You very much for the compliments, appreciated. I've made more than 30k photos, from which I chose ~19k.
There are a lot of amazing and very professional timelapses out there with outstanding quality from professional photographers with professional expensive equipment, mine's far from being comparable. But still, I've put a lot of effort into this and yes, the feeling after PC rendered the final timelapse movie was great. I really felt I had done a huge work.