Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Jessie's Halo
Posted By: Smilesy, 02-20-2014, 11:38 PM

I finally after about 2 years of looking got myself an ultra wide lens. I took it out last night to try and get some shots of the sunset, but think I need to work out how to compose images with it a bit more. I also took a few shots of my whippet Jessie, you can get some pretty cool perspectives with it. Anyway here is one I'm happy with.500px / Jessie's Halo by Harry Smiles

Views: 1,878
02-22-2014, 03:48 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

At first I too was of the opinion to leave the image the way you posted it. Then when you posted the original one I thought, hmm, lets see what I can do.

I didn't do much, I only used a program called LightMachine to brighten bits and pieces here and there and OLONEO to do a light tone mapping.
The end result I thought wasn't too bad. What I like about it now is that the haystack looks a bit more detailed, You can now make out Jessie's eye and the field behind her has a bit more detail with a good light reflectance. What do you think.
Oh, and I turned the image a little bit to the right, but I could be wrong here.

Finally, It is a really super image and it is so satisfying that one can correct these type of difficult exposures in PP nowadays.

Greetings

Last edited by Schraubstock; 11-01-2014 at 04:22 PM.
02-22-2014, 03:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Great shot. I reckon you've done a pretty good job on the PP, given the darkness in the original. Makes me want to get my 10-20 out.

Regards
02-22-2014, 04:48 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
craftsmanship on the subtle form of a dog.
Nice.
02-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi

At first I too was of the opinion to leave the image the way you posted it. Then when you posted the original one I thought, hmm, lets see what I can do.
Very nice work. I like your version, although the original is still intriguing with its mystery foreground.

02-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smilesy Quote
I finally after about 2 years of looking got myself an ultra wide lens. I took it out last night to try and get some shots of the sunset, but think I need to work out how to compose images with it a bit more. I also took a few shots of my whippet Jessie, you can get some pretty cool perspectives with it. Anyway here is one I'm happy with.500px / Jessie's Halo by Harry Smiles
Nice use of the wide angle. The sigma 10-20 is one of my workhorse lenses. It is fun to shoot with.
02-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Hi
I like what you've done, especially the bale, I really didn't put any work into that at all. I would have liked to have done a bit more work to the image but photoshop is pretty much unusable on my new laptop (I got one with a high dpi screen and everything is tiny). I might have to spend a bit more time on it.
02-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #22
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Smilesy Quote
I might have to spend a bit more time on it.
I think you ought to put the time in, as IMHO the image is well worth it.

02-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like it, too. Very well done!
02-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Wow... a super photo! Very artistic!