Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

it's landscape time again...
Posted By: Marc Langille, 01-22-2007, 07:57 PM

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking mostly as of late, and posting just a bit during that time.

I've not picked up my camera since Jan. 2nd to do any serious shooting for several reasons: the weather/darkness, and prepping for exhibits of my work is taking up lots of time!

However, I decided to go back and review my progress in 2006, and I think my most significant day was October 28th, 2006. That was my first serious attempt at landscape photography. I took maybe 15 shots the day before as a "warm up", and anything before that, well... they just plain sucked...

Below are just some of the highlights of that day. I hope you enjoy them!

Cheers,
Marc

Attached Images

Views: 4,361
01-26-2007, 07:49 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks Rolly

QuoteOriginally posted by Rolly Quote
Just one thing that disturbs my eye - the frame, or, more exactly the very large "advertising" logo below the image. It seems to draw the eye away. Methinks a small signature would suffice.
But it really is a quite compelling image.

NaCl( is that salty, saltwater or briney?)H2O I love these cryptos of yours. Far too original (and occasionally profound) to 'hijack' Keep 'em acomin'!
I only do this for my website images. In addition to reducing JPEG quality, it's another way to minimize unauthorized usage of my photos. I'd like to re-do them all for PentaxForums.com, etc. but it becomes too time consuming.

BTW, the script locks in the border and frame based on the image size - we have no control over that, other than putting the upper section of text in lower case... and portrait orientation makes it kinda big... eventually the creator of the script will have updates to correct this issue...

However, I may change the format a little bit in the future, so that may help...

Cheers,
Mar

01-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks...

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Very spectacular. Beginner's luck? I don't think so! I would love to see these larger.
Thank you for the kind comments... and watch out!

You may get what you asked for in future posts...

Cheers,
Marc