Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Disney's Animal Kindom
Posted By: dansamy, 02-23-2014, 07:41 PM

These are from our most recent trip to the House of Mouse, Dec 2013. This is my first time using my new k-5ii. I had long used my K-x as a giant, fast PnS. So although I've owned a dSLR for several years, I consider myself a neophyte to photography.


This is Expedition Everest. It is a roller coaster. You can see the lift hill on the left side of the mountain.





This is Devine. She's a performer at DAK.



Views: 1,172
02-25-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
Original Poster
This next set of pictures is from Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is a Disney property near the Animal Kingdom park. One of the major features of the property is the savanna, where guests can see animals from several vantage points around the property or from their room balcony. This whole next set is by my 13 year old daughter with her first outing with the K-x.















02-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #17
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,817
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
This next set of pictures is from Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is a Disney property near the Animal Kingdom park. One of the major features of the property is the savanna, where guests can see animals from several vantage points around the property or from their room balcony. This whole next set is by my 13 year old daughter with her first outing with the K-x.












What are those things in the foreground in the first picture Amy?
02-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
Original Poster
I'm not entirely certain, but I think they are electric livestock deterrents. To keep the wildlife from coming too close to the people. Because the people are idiots. No balloons, plastic lids or straws are allowed at either AK or AKL, yet several times a week, the vet staff has to put an animal under surgery to remove an intestinal obstruction. You can actually be ejected (and even banned) from Disney for violating the animal safety rules.
02-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Barnett MO.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
WOW! Did you see the horns on that thing!!! they're HUGE!!!

02-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #20
Moderator
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter
Racer X 69's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Great Pacific Northwet
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 21,817
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm not entirely certain, but I think they are electric livestock deterrents. To keep the wildlife from coming too close to the people. Because the people are idiots. No balloons, plastic lids or straws are allowed at either AK or AKL, yet several times a week, the vet staff has to put an animal under surgery to remove an intestinal obstruction. You can actually be ejected (and even banned) from Disney for violating the animal safety rules.
Kinda what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

Thanks Amy!

Oh, nice pictures!

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
WOW! Did you see the horns on that thing!!! they're HUGE!!!
It is the Wild Kingdom you know.

02-25-2014, 08:32 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
Original Poster
Our first trip that we stayed at AKL, I threatened my children that if they got me a lifetime ban from Disney, they wouldn't live to regret it. Even my youngest, who can tear up an anvil, I've never had to tell them a second time to not do anything stupid or dangerous in the wildlife areas.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Disney's Animal Kindom Safari dansamy Post Your Photos! 12 02-23-2014 10:18 AM
Nature Animal portraits cem.kumuk Post Your Photos! 22 03-18-2012 07:55 PM
A few mixed from me =) (animal's) DuckysDoll Post Your Photos! 11 07-21-2008 05:03 AM
Disney Animal Kingdom Parade sureshgvv Post Your Photos! 2 03-16-2008 09:19 AM
Animal Kindom? Nope my backyard. vievetrick Post Your Photos! 4 05-31-2007 07:26 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top