Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sunrise @ Shorncliffe Pier.
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Shorncliffe Pier Brisbane Qld ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 4s Aperture: F32 
Posted By: markl62, 02-24-2014, 12:57 AM

Got up early, 4am, to meet up with a group of photographers for a sunrise shoot. Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best but still managed a couple of good shots.

2. 30sec, f16, 18mm

Views: 664
02-24-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Both are great shots. Love the starbursts in the second one - you've done a REALLY good job.
02-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ausmoose Quote
Both are great shots. Love the starbursts in the second one - you've done a REALLY good job.
Thanks ausmoose. The pier looks great all lit up. There are some great photos taken here, The pier itself of closed to public access due to its state of disrepair, which is a shame.
02-24-2014, 03:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good effect in the first shot, looks like ice and snow. It is a good location, been there a few times myself. Did get to shoot on the pier before they closed it. Hope they spend the money and fix it.

02-24-2014, 06:59 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Beautiful work here! I love all the shades of blue in the first one.
02-24-2014, 07:06 AM   #6
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I looked at the fist shot and wondered where the sun was - you made the most of unfavorable conditions. Second shot is just great. Nice angle of the pier and the framing works having it fade off into the distance towards the center of the image.
02-24-2014, 07:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Don't get me wrong, I love the second shot but the first one is my favorite. There is something so soothing about it. Well done on both.

02-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You did indeed manage some good shots...well done! The first is my favorite... very moody and ethereal.
02-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Good effect in the first shot, looks like ice and snow. It is a good location, been there a few times myself. Did get to shoot on the pier before they closed it. Hope they spend the money and fix it.
Thanks Trev. I believe the council has decided to spend the money on repairs / new pier. Dont know when though.

QuoteOriginally posted by london.paul1 Quote
Beautiful work here! I love all the shades of blue in the first one.
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Don't get me wrong, I love the second shot but the first one is my favorite. There is something so soothing about it. Well done on both.
Id have to say No1 is my favourite too.

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I looked at the fist shot and wondered where the sun was - you made the most of unfavorable conditions. Second shot is just great. Nice angle of the pier and the framing works having it fade off into the distance towards the center of the image.
Thank you for that MSL. I think the second one is missing something on the left side. May need a bit of cropping.