Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
In Sects 1
Posted By: slowpez, 02-24-2014, 08:13 AM

My not macro take on the insect world. I hate creepy crawlies but sometimes they just want their photo taken.

Views: 1,800
02-24-2014, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm with you on the creepy-crawlies (spiders in particular! ) but these are wonderful images, Susan.
02-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Love the contrast in #2
02-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#2 isn't a macro shot - its a landscape from a spider's perspective. also my favorite of the bunch because of the way you captured the web

02-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

like Marc said, the web shot is a great shot.
02-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
I'm loving the third one. What did you shoot it wth?
02-24-2014, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
I'm with you on the creepy-crawlies (spiders in particular! ) but these are wonderful images, Susan.
Thanks Julie. You should hear me scream when I find one in the house.

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Love the contrast in #2
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
#2 isn't a macro shot - its a landscape from a spider's perspective. also my favorite of the bunch because of the way you captured the web
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
like Marc said, the web shot is a great shot.
Thanks manishved, MSL, and Bob. I have another image of that spider from a different angle that I converted to B&W. It is the only photo I have taken that my middle son actually uploaded as a screensaver. I'm pretty sure I posted it before but here it is again.

02-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Thanks manishved, MSL, and Bob. I have another image of that spider from a different angle that I converted to B&W. It is the only photo I have taken that my middle son actually uploaded as a screensaver. I'm pretty sure I posted it before but here it is again.
Makes it almost look like a robotic spider. I can see why your son thought it was cooooool.
02-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't need to hear you scream, trust me. I'm the same. With the exception of snakes, I don't handle creatures that have fewer than two or more than four legs.
02-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
Nice focus in the 3rd one.
02-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Makes it almost look like a robotic spider. I can see why your son thought it was cooooool.
My son is intelligent. Takes after his mother.

Don't need to hear you scream, trust me. I'm the same. With the exception of snakes, I don't handle creatures that have fewer than two or more than four legs.
For some reason, I love snakes. Don't get me wrong, I like to see them first but I'm not scared of them. Got to take care of some when I volunteered at our local zoo eons ago and developed a fondness for them. It surprised me that they have personalities.

QuoteOriginally posted by pearcemi Quote
Nice focus in the 3rd one.
Thanks.
02-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For some reason, I love snakes. Don't get me wrong, I like to see them first but I'm not scared of them.
Thanks.
I'm not afraid of them, either. Of course I give the venomous ones plenty of room, but the non-venomous ones are fine, I've handled a lot of them. Years ago, I found a good-sized Burmese python (~ 7 ft., modest for one of these) right outside the back door of my office (a few yards from my desk! ), and we discovered, within minutes, who was and wasn't afraid of snakes. Two guys wouldn't come within a hundred yards of it, even when it was captured and confined in a big dog crate. All things considered, though, I think I would give a big python (they grow to 18+ feet) plenty of room. The big ones eat alligators...
02-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm not afraid of them, either. Of course I give the venomous ones plenty of room, but the non-venomous ones are fine, I've handled a lot of them. Years ago, I found a good-sized Burmese python (~ 7 ft., modest for one of these) right outside the back door of my office (a few yards from my desk! ), and we discovered, within minutes, who was and wasn't afraid of snakes. Two guys wouldn't come within a hundred yards of it, even when it was captured and confined in a big dog crate. All things considered, though, I think I would give a big python (they grow to 18+ feet) plenty of room. The big ones eat alligators...
One of these days, when there is a lull in interesting stuff to do, I will have to tell the story of the neighbor, the snake and his SUV.
02-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One of these days, when there is a lull in interesting stuff to do, I will have to tell the story of the neighbor, the snake and his SUV.
Wait, let me pull up a more comfy chair, and get something to drink... I'm laughing already...
02-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why not today?