Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I don't get it, but they like it???
Posted By: vievetrick, 04-16-2008, 10:24 AM

Okay I shared a few shots from Fenway earlier in the week and of course did not post all of them. But, I do share shots with friends and family around the country as I am sure many of you do. I included was the following shot. Now the first is the version as you can see in color. It is a mess; I had the ISO and Shutter speed cranked up and took this before correcting the settings. Actually I never did and retake. Figured at first it was doomed to the delete bin. But, after seeing it I thought maybe a switch to B&W give it an old time feeling look would help. It is a shot I hope to play with more sometime in the future. So I start getting emails from not one, not two, but three folks that love it and want a copy. So I said okay sure why not. I still think it is way too dark, and the logo for the Yanks is not really noticeable but yea they like it I will send them along. So I had to post hear to get your thoughts. You can say it is crap (I understand) I think honestly it is the diehard Sox fans just seeing something unusual and they want it

Exposure Time 1/500 sec
F-Number F5.6
Exposure Program Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings 800

My tweak they like.

Views: 1,235
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #2

I think the B&W does have a certain charm, and I'm sure most Sox fans would love to have a copy of that not only because it was taken at Fenway, but probably also because it was taken during a game against the Yankees. You know what they say, one man's trash...
04-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hope you don't mind, but I did some perspective distortion correction and barrel distortion correction to make it look a little more technically accurate.

Last edited by code4code5; 06-08-2008 at 11:17 PM.