Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Today's walk
Posted By: normhead, 02-24-2014, 07:14 PM

A few from today's walk....

It's hard to take a decent picture if you don't have the help of a dog....

Foliage and fungus

Misty and Dreamer

Tripper and his stick

When you see the big earth mover, the walk is almost over...

Thanks for coming along...
Views: 2,123
02-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
to make sure it's still functional every now and then
You ought to make him an offer, they're great things to have a bout the place, good fun too.

03-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You're really trying to get me to do something so Tess will divorce me aren't you? She didn't even want me to park my little Suzuki Side Kick with a snow blade on the property, forget about a beast like that. It would take our whole parking lot, which is probably an eight of an acre. There'd be no room to turn around, we'd have to back all 400feet down the driveway.

But it would be fun, and useful. heck I could make it it's own parking lot.
03-06-2014, 05:54 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Nice scenes there Norm.All I have here in Fl is sun-surf- and warmth.--zapper
03-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Snow shoes, I just noticed the snow shoes. Have never seen someone wearing them outside of a national geographic show. My 'south ' is showing, lol. Enjoyed the snow pics, as Sailor said, our trees are budding.

03-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sure looks like you has a good walk, thanks for inviting us along.
03-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nice scenes there Norm.All I have here in Fl is sun-surf- and warmth.--zapper
Ya, that sounds terrible Charlie, I'm sure you'd be here if you could, my condolences.

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Snow shoes, I just noticed the snow shoes. Have never seen someone wearing them outside of a national geographic show. My 'south ' is showing, lol. Enjoyed the snow pics, as Sailor said, our trees are budding.
They aren't as common up here as they once were, but they're still the way to get around in the park.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Sure looks like you has a good walk, thanks for inviting us along.
Always good to have company. Thanks for commenting.
03-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But it would be fun, and useful. heck I could make it it's own parking lot.
Why do I have a vision of the bucket smashing into the house?

03-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
What we're not showing is all the wolf and fox tracks in the area... they just don't make good pictures
Is there any wolf ? You need a DA300 to take some portrait, It maybe dangerous to go to the forest. It seems very cold ,,,
03-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Why do I have a vision of the bucket smashing into the house?
"Look dear, I won't have to cmd into the house for my coffee anymore, just put my coffee cup on the edge of the bucket, and I'll take it from there."

QuoteOriginally posted by edgar57159 Quote
Is there any wolf ? You need a DA300 to take some portrait, It maybe dangerous to go to the forest. It seems very cold ,,,
Lots of wolf... not dangerous at all,. There are tracks all over the place. You can tell when they are close because the dogs stay right under your feet instead of sniffing around doing dog things. Tess has seen them many times, they are curious, but don't come close.

Huge wolf prints in the snow...
03-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Some lucky Dogs living the dream.
03-08-2014, 06:43 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Some lucky Dogs living the dream.
Tess is getting herself into shape right now, running and hiking and weights, the dogs are getting run off their feet. But they wouldn't miss a minute of it.
03-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Lots of wolf... not dangerous at all,. There are tracks all over the place. You can tell when they are close because the dogs stay right under your feet instead of sniffing around doing dog things. Tess has seen them many times, they are curious, but don't come close.
Lots of wolf? Amazing! ,I live in plain area ,have never seen any wolf,just learn from TV or films that they are dangerous .It is wonderful they can keep peace with people.
03-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by edgar57159 Quote
Lots of wolf? Amazing! ,I live in plain area ,have never seen any wolf,just learn from TV or films that they are dangerous .It is wonderful they can keep peace with people.
Where I live up on the Algonquin dome there has never been even one documented wolf attack despite wolves having lived here continuously for thousands of years. Every now and then there's a wild story that turns out to be a huge exaggeration, that gets repeated over and over again. But basically, sme people are just afraid of everything.. real or not, and those people spread their fear. There are still old timers near us who will shoot any wolf on site and if they had their way every wolf would be dead. It's really sad. If people feed them, and they become habituated to people sooner or later someone is going to get bit, because once you start feeding them you're just another member of the pack, and you have to follow pack rules and be subject to the pack pecking order. But leave them alone and just co-exist with them and they aren't a problem.

03-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #29
Inactive Account

It's really sad. If people feed them, and they become habituated to people sooner or later someone is going to get bit, because once you start feeding them you're just another member of the pack, and you have to follow pack rules and be subject to the pack pecking order. But leave them alone and just co-exist with them and they aren't a problem.
It is absolutely that you are kindhearted.Very nice shot.I could see the feeling of helpless instead of dangerous from its eyes. We should not get them cornered .Thanks for your description about the wolf ,because of you I change my opinion of wolfs. Thanks again.
03-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Great series Norm, Funny you have that same universal dog toy the stick. Great photo of the wolf as well I would love to see them in the wild.