Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

New bird feeder attacked!
Posted By: dws1117, 04-16-2008, 01:41 PM

We put up a new bird feeder yesterday to hopefully attract something other than flowers for me to take pictures of. Today after I got home from my walk I was in the kitchen getting lunch and saw the dastardly deed unfold. It was hilarious. This little guy was having so much trouble.

These are all straight out of the camera. Only thing done was a resize. Please excuse the haze as they were shot through the window and well neither my wife or I are very good at cleaning the windows.

Views: 5,016
04-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Good series indeed, Wayne. If I wasn't an animal lover and if it was legal, I'd go out and get a BB gun. They ARE RATS and nothing more. Don't even think of setting-up a feeder just for them because when they're finished theirs, they'll go for the bird seed.

This year I'm also having problems with rabbits. Since they came out of h'nation they been eating up ALL the crocusses.

I got some good bunny eradication methods......but there probably highly illegal and very loud for urban areas milk carton.....urea......diesel.....redcord.....det....fuse.... into hole & light fuse (run) = no more bunny.
Cheers

04-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice Series

Nice Series Wayne..

I had posted a similiar thread a few weeks ago.. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/24127-caught-act.html only mine was climbing up the poll!!!!

It cute and it is fun to watch them but done let your feeder run out of food dude!!!! Then they will tear it up... I feeder now has a big huge hole in it where the squrrels broke into it.. little turds!!!!!!

Oh well its all good.. I still feed my squirrels and bought another 2 dollar feeder..

Thanks for sharin.. Kim
04-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Kim, thanks for pointing out your thread as I had missed it. Very good and lots of fun.

BTW your pointed out that you thief is a momma. It just goes to prove that girls are smarter than boys. At least my wife keeps telling me that and I'm supposed to listen to her right? If you look at the larger copies of my thief it is very obvious it ain't no momma.
04-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #19
Veteran Member

With tongue firmly in cheek.

Of course women are smarted than men. Accept it and let the wife repeat as often as she wants. All you need to do is say "Yes dear".

04-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
With tongue firmly in cheek.

All you need to do is say "Yes dear".
That was learned a long time ago. Next Thursday we celebrate 9 years married and we've been together for 11 years.
04-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dws1117 Quote
That was learned a long time ago. Next Thursday we celebrate 9 years married and we've been together for 11 years.
Good thing you learned that early -- and haven't forgotten it. My lovely bride of 40 years assures me that I answered "yes" to every question during the wedding ceremony.