Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

Where have all the trees gone?
Posted By: MSL, 02-25-2014, 07:09 PM

Our region was hit with at least one if not two infestations that targeted the local trees. The biggest culprit was the emerald ash borer, and with a lot of ash trees around, a lot of damage was done. The city tagged all the heavily damaged trees with spray painted R and were slowly removing them and replanting other species. But with the ice storm and other winter damage, a lot of these dying trees broke apart, and as the city already had crews out trimming other damaged trees, they went around and reduced many of the diseased trees to just their trunks.

This was my third attempt to photograph one strip where a lot of ash trees were planted. The first time I used the 135 mm lens, and the second time my 18-55 with an emphasis on the wide angles. But after I thought about it for a while, I realized I need to use hyperfocal focusing to try to capture all the trunks in a row, so today I worked around 70-80mm using the trusty A35-105. I'm still not sure I've gotten the images I wanted so if you have any suggestions please suggest away.

Views: 1,282
02-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The black and white has a definite moodiness about it and brings the urban clutter to 'earth' level. I like it a lot. Did you get out again?