Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
More photos with my new Pentax-m 50mm f1.7
Lens: Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 Camera: K-30 
Posted By: ausmoose, 02-28-2014, 08:54 PM

I am so happy with this lens - thanks to all who recommended it

Here are some pics from earlier this morning - am loving the sharpness and bokeh. Almost all photos were at f4.

It was raining lightly and had been raining heavily earlier this morning so the feature of the photos was drops and rain. No, a spray bottle was not used!! And no PP has been done since I don't have any programs ATM.

1. We must have a hole in the roof of our deck as there was a little splash here on the table.

2. The clothes line looked really neat with the water droplets, so I snapped a couple different views of it.

3. Another view.. this is my favourite clothes line pic.

4. I was surprised with the background bokeh here.. now that I think about it I would have rather had a slightly bigger DOF but I was still happy with this result.

5. We have a giant plant in the corner of our backyard and aren't real sure of what it's called. But it looked really cool in the rain so I took some photos

6. Another leaf photo..

7. The frangipanis were looking lovely and pink with the glistening drops atop them.

8. I tried a couple different angles, not sure which one is my favourite.

9. This one was not my favourite photo, but was good enough to include here (I think )..

10. This was my favourite photo of the shoot.

Please post your C&C, thanks for looking!
Views: 1,577
02-28-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great job with this wonderful '50' lens, looks like you have already mastered the manual part, enjoyed all the views you presented.
02-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Great job with this wonderful '50' lens, looks like you have already mastered the manual part, enjoyed all the views you presented.
Thanks Bob, yes after 3 days I am completely used to using an aperture ring
02-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It certainly renders colours nicely.

02-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
It certainly renders colours nicely.
Thanks eaglem
02-28-2014, 09:39 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Lovely pics. I think you chose the best of them for the Singles challenge. I have the f/2 version of this lens, and love it. Not sure that I've got quite such good results with it though. Might have to do another "single in" month with it.
02-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tsuken Quote
Lovely pics. I think you chose the best of them for the Singles challenge. I have the f/2 version of this lens, and love it. Not sure that I've got quite such good results with it though. Might have to do another "single in" month with it.
Thanks so much, really appreciate the kind words
02-28-2014, 10:52 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Very nice. You are lucky to be having rain, although you are most likely sick of it by now. The frangipanis look great.

02-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots of the frangipanis! We've had a little rain in Canberra too.
02-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Nicely done, glad you are enjoying the 50.
02-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Very nice. You are lucky to be having rain, although you are most likely sick of it by now. The frangipanis look great.
Thanks. The rain hasn't been very bad - just hoping it will hold up for tomorrow when we're having a clean up Australia day event.

QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
Nice shots of the frangipanis! We've had a little rain in Canberra too.
Thanks Rob..
03-01-2014, 02:02 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great range of shots for the day and I agree that the cluster of frangipani flowers warrants being today's post for this month's challenge. It's a nice mix of sharp and bokehed flowers and the water droplets add interest.
Suggestion - try to add a link to your post, so that when we click on your picture, we're all taken to a single place where we can add our comments more easily and "economically".
Great start to the month.
03-01-2014, 02:18 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OzzRod Quote
Great range of shots for the day and I agree that the cluster of frangipani flowers warrants being today's post for this month's challenge. It's a nice mix of sharp and bokehed flowers and the water droplets add interest.
Suggestion - try to add a link to your post, so that when we click on your picture, we're all taken to a single place where we can add our comments more easily and "economically".
Great start to the month.
Thanks OzzRod for your feedback.
RobG also gave me this sort of suggestion, although I'm still confused as to how I add the link. I'll try following RobG's steps tomorrow when I upload my photo so hopefully that will work.

---------- Post added 03-01-14 at 08:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Nicely done, glad you are enjoying the 50.
Thanks j2photos, appreciated.
03-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #14
Veteran Member

excellent lens & photos
03-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zztopd Quote
excellent lens & photos
Thanks zztopd