Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Delaware
Posted By: tux08902, 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM

I took this on my way to Johns Hopkins University two days ago. It's really hard to take a photo out of a moving car! Any feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited by tux08902; 04-18-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Views: 1,438
04-17-2008, 06:28 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Although 27 people viewed it and have no comment, I do!
I kind of like it. It sort of has the look of an old post card. The colours are a bit off but I do like the blurry islands and land portions. If there wasn't that strip across the bottom it may look a bit better. If there were a bit of grain or noise to the sky it my match the land. Maybe it's just a bad picture and no one wants to hurt your feelings.

If you are going that way again maybe try setting up the camera on a tripod or window mount and have all the settings ready (a faster shutter speed for one thing) and as you are driving by that exact spot take a pic using the IR remote control. Just a thought.
04-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't mind the blurriness, I like it in this case. What interests me are the colours, have not seen often such a greenish tone in sun sets (or is ti sun rise?).
04-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The original picture was far worse than this. The problem is that it didn't expose very well to begin with. That picture is the result of heavy post-processing. I used the graduated filter effect to get the green tone and a diffusion filter effect to get the blur. I was actually aiming for a sky changing from light orange to blue, but it didn't come out like that. I tried to crop out the strip at the bottom, but doing so made it look a little awkward. I think it's just a bad picture. I don't have the original so I might just take this down from my DeviantArt.

04-18-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I kind of like it actually. It has a "Route 66" feel to it which is rather cool and nostalgic; and without the technical imperfections you would lose that.
04-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find it too blurry but have taken many from my car window as well