Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Most shot waterfall in North Wales
Posted By: simonkit, 04-17-2008, 03:21 PM

Another from my Snowdonia hike. This is probably the most photographed waterfall in North Wales, if not the whole of Wales - it's located about 200yds from the main carpark/rangers station !!

All C&C appreciated

Views: 1,346
04-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic again Simon, good colour and composition, I always think portait works best for these types of shots. Is Snowdonia higher than Scafell? I heard it is a long hike to get to the top.
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Fantastic again Simon, good colour and composition, I always think portait works best for these types of shots. Is Snowdonia higher than Scafell? I heard it is a long hike to get to the top.
Snowdon itself is the 2nd highest in the UK, 3560ft & North Wales actually has 14 peaks over 3000ft - great place for hiking as all are easily accesible.

I've spent quite a lot of time in the Lakes too and love the area around Scafell/Buttermere - still not seen the view from Great Gable after 3 visits to the summit !!

It's a very close run thing for me between the Lakes & Snowdonia, both are great places with the Lakes perhaps just edging things due to the expanse of water - the walk along the ridge from Buttermere to Haystacks has to be my No1 favourite

On Snowdon itself, whilst it's the highest & most often visited mountain in North Wales I wouldn't say it's the nicest view - not the hardest walk either if you start from the top of the Llanberis Pass (The Watkin Path is my own favourite route). If you visit anytime & only have a chance to do one walk do the one in this photograph - the Glyderau mountains starting from Ogwen !!

thanks

simon
04-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Thanks for the info Simon. I do love it here, and there is still so much of it I have yet to see. Managed to give my boots a 2nd waterproof waxing the other day so am ready to hit the hills

Am going to try and get to Ullswater at the weekend, never been there and ive heard its beautiful. I have driven around the mountains of Wales but never been up them, one day.

04-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Thanks for the info Simon. I do love it here, and there is still so much of it I have yet to see. Managed to give my boots a 2nd waterproof waxing the other day so am ready to hit the hills

Am going to try and get to Ullswater at the weekend, never been there and ive heard its beautiful. I have driven around the mountains of Wales but never been up them, one day.

Ullswater is a lovely place - there's a nice walk around the lake (catch the boat to Howton & walk back to Glenridding).

Striding edge on the way up to Helvellyn is something special - to be avoided in tricky weather though as it's a bit of a knife edge in places

Have fun !!

Simon
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It'll be even more frequently photographed after people see your shot - everyone wants to get and image like that. A really super job, Simon.

Jer