Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The walk after "today's walk."
Lens: DA 18-135, Sigma 8-16 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada ISO: 400 
Posted By: normhead, 03-06-2014, 07:29 PM

You can always find a backlit leaf. Put one on your scavenger hunt list.

The old Yellow Birch tree... theoretically the hottest burning firewood in the forest, but there's so few of them you rarely get to test the theory.

On the lake with the wolf pack tracks.

Looking for a lunch spot.

Pinetree lake.

Little leaves beside the big wolf track.

Small dog in a big forest.

Views: 728
03-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoyable series. especially the last shot
03-07-2014, 06:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, you guys've got some sparkling weather. Terrific series - I especially like the third one with the extended trail in the snow on the lake.

Jer
03-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The light on the first one is so perfect Norm. I can't believe you actually picnic in all that white stuff. You guys are crazy.

03-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Enjoyable series. especially the last shot
Thanks, I've noticed in the past, owning a photogenic dog makes people think you can take good pictures.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow, you guys've got some sparkling weather. Terrific series - I especially like the third one with the extended trail in the snow on the lake.

Jer
That extended trail is the trail of a wolf pack, who must have walked across the lake in single file. SO many tracks on top of each other it was hard to tell how many there were.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
The light on the first one is so perfect Norm. I can't believe you actually picnic in all that white stuff. You guys are crazy.
There's no bad weather, just folks that aren't prepared for what they get. I have on heavy cotton pants under my lined snow outer wear, and I'm sweating when I took this picture. There are two more tops in my back pack incase I start to feel chilled, but my jacket is open and all that's between my from and the outdoors is a thin T-shirt. I think warm weather people never really understand how much your body adapts to cold conditions, over a long winter. I've seen people working out doors in a T-shirt when it was -20, when the weather just before that was -40.

IN this picture Tess is carrying her winter jacket, a few minutes later she took off the vest and her fleece is open in the front exposing her T-shirt.. does she look cold?

You're not going to strip and do the wild thing in the snow, but apart from that it's quite enjoyable.

Last edited by normhead; 03-07-2014 at 08:07 AM.
03-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You're not going to strip and do the wild thing in the snow, but apart from that it's quite enjoyable.
Not sure that's true about you two. Remember, most of us have seen you both naked.
03-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Not sure that's true about you two. Remember, most of us have seen you both naked.
Damn, I told Tess not to post that because no one would ever forget it, or miss an opportunity to bring it up. She never listens to me.