Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
the Road Down Below
Lens: 70mm ltd. Camera: K5 Photo Location: Bryce Canyon NP, Utah 
Posted By: Bob Harris, 03-11-2014, 08:57 PM

you get a good perspective how large the hoodoo's are in Bryce Canyon when viewing the road on the upper left, look carefully as there are two cars. A beautiful park that should be on that "bucket list" and the park is close to Zion to enjoy more of natures beauty

Attached Images

Views: 550
03-12-2014, 04:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow that is impressive ..are there trails in there ?
03-12-2014, 06:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Quite a few trails in there Dave. I remember slipping on one of them during a sleet storm and being hooked by a man from Germany who grabbed my arm with his umbrella. Funny now but I didn't look so good in red mud. It is a beautiful place as is all the national parks in Utah. Quite a state for scenery. Thanks for this view Bob.
03-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, I like this one, buddy. Inclusion of the road and cars give the thing scale. It's been decades since I was there - amazing place.

Jer

03-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Quite a few trails in there Dave. I remember slipping on one of them during a sleet storm and being hooked by a man from Germany who grabbed my arm with his umbrella. Funny now but I didn't look so good in red mud. It is a beautiful place as is all the national parks in Utah. Quite a state for scenery. Thanks for this view Bob.
Dave, wouldn't you just love to see a pic of Susan in red mud, that would be a real keeper. Didn't Ray take a pic of you? That must of been quite a hike in the sleet, better to stay up top at an observation point for me.
03-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, wouldn't you just love to see a pic of Susan in red mud, that would be a real keeper. Didn't Ray take a pic of you? That must of been quite a hike in the sleet, better to stay up top at an observation point for me.
It just so happens that red is not my color. It wasn't sleeting when we started. It wasn't even very cold. You know how the weather can change so fast out there. By the time we got down to the bottom of the canyon the sun was out and I dried off making me look like an adobe brick.
03-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, I like this one, buddy. Inclusion of the road and cars give the thing scale. It's been decades since I was there - amazing place.

Jer
thanks buddy, glad you enjoyed the view here. There's nothing like erosion and sandstone to photograph, my favorite landscape.
03-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
It just so happens that red is not my color. It wasn't sleeting when we started. It wasn't even very cold. You know how the weather can change so fast out there. By the time we got down to the bottom of the canyon the sun was out and I dried off making me look like an adobe brick.
and now I really would like to see a photo Susan, too funny and have Ray keep that camera handy at all times.