Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
How I saw the world today
Lens: Tamron 90 f/2.8 macro Camera: K-5 Photo Location: The Hills of South Algonquin 
Posted By: tessfully, 03-14-2014, 06:31 PM

Except for the trees speaking on behalf of the wind, my dog walk today was peaceful. We were surprised by warm temperatures, blue sky and sun. But it was like me and my dogs were the only creatures on earth. Not even a squirrel crossed our path. Here is how I saw things today.

This is the underside of a fungus. I shot blind. Just stuck my camera body against the tree pointing up.

Thank you for looking!
Views: 900
03-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #2

Beautiful shots! The first one is my favorite. Great way to see the world, up close. I got to get me one of those Tamron 90 2.8 macros. Great lens!
03-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So crisp sharp and colourful...............definitely eye candy stuff!
03-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Beautiful as always, Tess.

03-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a beautiful sky you had Tess, thanks for taking us along on the walk, all beautiful photos
03-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a pleasure to see images from a part of the world with four very distinct seasons. You seem to have a knack for recording the cycles of nature.
03-15-2014, 06:14 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You saw a lot, Tess. As always, I like your eclectic series - every pic works very well. For some reason, I especially enjoy the minimalist look of the 4th one especially.

Jer
03-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice series Tess I like walking with you without having to pull on boots and a heavy jacket.

03-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That fungus shot really turned out quite well. Thanks for taking me along to see how your world looked today. I enjoyed the journey.
03-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Great set...definitely love the way you get that birch sapling to "pop" against the background thicket.
03-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #11

Photos: Albums
Thank you for sharing these photos! It is a gift see the beauty in everyday situations, but capturing it like you have done is wonderful! I like the snow!
03-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lovely series Tess. Funny how one expects at least the chickadees on days like that but the silence is complete.
03-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi all, sorry for the late reply to all these amazing comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by J.R.Tec Quote
Beautiful shots! The first one is my favorite. Great way to see the world, up close. I got to get me one of those Tamron 90 2.8 macros. Great lens!
Thanks J.R. I loved the curves and sunlight on that one.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
So crisp sharp and colourful...............definitely eye candy stuff!
So nice of you to say Eaglem

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyTurley Quote
Beautiful as always, Tess.
Awe, thank you Tony!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
What a beautiful sky you had Tess, thanks for taking us along on the walk, all beautiful photos
You are welcome Bob... you know, you really are there with me. I think, ohhh, here is a scene I can take to share with people on the Pentax Forum. You are my inspiration.

QuoteOriginally posted by ozwald Quote
It's a pleasure to see images from a part of the world with four very distinct seasons. You seem to have a knack for recording the cycles of nature.
Thank you Ozwald!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
You saw a lot, Tess. As always, I like your eclectic series - every pic works very well. For some reason, I especially enjoy the minimalist look of the 4th one especially.

Jer
Thanks Jer... the minimalist images reflect the kind of quiet and solitude I felt that day.

---------- Post added 03-16-14 at 08:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Westoz Quote
Nice series Tess I like walking with you without having to pull on boots and a heavy jacket.
Thanks for having a look Westoz Pretty soon it will be short's weather and photos of tulips and baby birds

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
That fungus shot really turned out quite well. Thanks for taking me along to see how your world looked today. I enjoyed the journey.
Thank you so much Susan. It was great that you came along.

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Great set...definitely love the way you get that birch sapling to "pop" against the background thicket.
Ah yes, I finally got a photo of that tree that I like. Thanks for looking and for your kind comments CreationBear!

QuoteOriginally posted by Supakatti Quote
Thank you for sharing these photos! It is a gift see the beauty in everyday situations, but capturing it like you have done is wonderful! I like the snow!
Thanks Supakatti! It was great that you had a look. I really appreciate your comments.

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Lovely series Tess. Funny how one expects at least the chickadees on days like that but the silence is complete.
Jac, you know exactly how it was. Thanks for having a look and for the nice comment.[COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by tessfully; 03-16-2014 at 05:42 PM.