Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
This ones for Jer (sailor)
Lens: 18-250 Pentax Camera: k5 Photo Location: Marco Island 
Posted By: charliezap, 03-16-2014, 08:33 PM

I believe that this is the owners car of the bar on Marco Island Fl. Too small for me and the Mrs.--capn zap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 874
03-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nifty, I want one!
03-16-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool shot Charlie!
03-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Envious on two counts, of the perfect shots you took and of the owner of this great piece of machinery.

03-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
This ones for Jer
Great, but you have not told him the date of delivery. Jer now has to stay home until it gets dropped off, very inconsiderate of you.
03-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot, nice car, but it won't fit a fridge in the boot.
03-17-2014, 04:55 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, Capn - thanks for thinking of me! Great job shooting this Lotus - well composed and you got the color perfect; the car really pops. I actually considered one of these a few years ago, but found that it took me 5 minutes to get in and 15 to get out .

Jer

03-17-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
it took me 5 minutes to get in and 15 to get out
Now that is funny. I have that kind of trouble with my darling's new truck. I fall the last few "feet" to the ground. At least with this handsome lady, I wouldn't have to worry about breaking a hip.
03-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Nifty, I want one!
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Cool shot Charlie!
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Envious on two counts, of the perfect shots you took and of the owner of this great piece of machinery.
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Great, but you have not told him the date of delivery. Jer now has to stay home until it gets dropped off, very inconsiderate of you.
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Nice shot, nice car, but it won't fit a fridge in the boot.
Hey, Capn - thanks for thinking of me! Great job shooting this Lotus - well composed and you got the color perfect; the car really pops. I actually considered one of these a few years ago, but found that it took me 5 minutes to get in and 15 to get out .

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Now that is funny. I have that kind of trouble with my darling's new truck. I fall the last few "feet" to the ground. At least with this handsome lady, I wouldn't have to worry about breaking a hip.
Thanks to all for the comments. A quick shower and it's off for the traditional corned beef and cabbage for St. Pat's day.--charliezap
03-17-2014, 04:48 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hear you, Susan. I think some of the towering (and often chrome-incrusted) pick-ups I see around here would give a sports car guy like me altitude nose bleed.

Fortunately for me, although they have a decidedly (and deliciously) wicked basic personality, Porsches are - as sports cars go - fairly user friendly. For example, entry into my 981 Boxster S involves only a subtle double displacement of the mid section and the ability to endure a moment of free fall before one's bottom successfully completes touchdown. Exit also is simple, but does require adjusting initial leg thrust to what is just sufficient to attain escape velocity but not so much as to propel oneself - stumbling and flailing - six or seven feet into the street (and right in the path of an oncoming beer truck). With a little practice and some common sense, one can enter and exit a Porsche comfortably (more-or-less) with all limbs intact.

Jer
03-19-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

With a little practice and some common sense, one can enter and exit a Porsche comfortably (more-or-less) with all limbs intact.

Jer
I'm 6'6", so I think if I could actually get into your Porsche, I might just have to stay there.
03-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I'm 6'6", so I think if I could actually get into your Porsche, I might just have to stay there.
Man, I'd say the Mercedes SL 550 has your name written all over it. Better start thinking about color!

Jer
03-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Man, I'd say the Mercedes SL 550 has your name written all over it. Better start thinking about color!

Jer
I don't think the divorce lawyer will leave enough for me to even buy a model of the SL 550.
03-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I don't think the divorce lawyer will leave enough for me to even buy a model of the SL 550.
Sorry to heart that, Tom. Fortunately, we're still clicking after 45 years, but I can feel your pain. However, I'd still keep my eye on that Merc.

Jer
03-20-2014, 07:41 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Lol, I have to keep a plastic 'steps' for other people in the back of my Jeep and it's not lifted.