Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Waterfalls - Again
Posted By: slowpez, 03-18-2014, 08:25 AM

Still working on these old waterfall shots but hoping you might not be bored with looking yet. The first two were taken in the Eastatoe Valley here in upstate South Carolina. I had a Cokin filter ND filter that turned everything the color of coffee. Send it back to them and they agreed it was faulty and said they would send me a new one. They sent me the same one back. Have never been able to get rid of the brownish red color so that it looks natural so I just tell myself it is fall.

The last two are from Mt. Ranier NP.

Last edited by slowpez; 03-27-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Views: 676
03-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Never bored with your photos! Really like the 3rd one with the arch. Great color and depth.
03-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the filter gives an autumn feel to the photos Susan, love those from Rainier, it's a wonderful park to visit.
03-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
Never bored with your photos! Really like the 3rd one with the arch. Great color and depth.
Thanks so much for the kind comment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I think the filter gives an autumn feel to the photos Susan, love those from Rainier, it's a wonderful park to visit.
Thanks Bob. You are right about Rainier.

03-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #5

The first two look too busy to me. Although the second one could be zoomed in to create at least 2 very nice compositions.

However, the 3rd one I like a lot. The arch, tree on the right and the wall on the left do a great job of framing the subject and yet still provide interest once the eye leaves the water.
03-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ya just can't post too many waterfalls, Susan. All are nice, but I especially like the third one owing to the presence of the interesting structure (presumably a bridge).

Jer
03-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have to agree with Jer on this one!

03-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedW Quote
The first two look too busy to me. Although the second one could be zoomed in to create at least 2 very nice compositions.

However, the 3rd one I like a lot. The arch, tree on the right and the wall on the left do a great job of framing the subject and yet still provide interest once the eye leaves the water.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Ya just can't post too many waterfalls, Susan. All are nice, but I especially like the third one owing to the presence of the interesting structure (presumably a bridge).

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
Have to agree with Jer on this one!
Thanks guys. I have always love the third shot. Glad you all did too.