Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Thousand Islets Lake
Posted By: pop4, 04-19-2008, 05:18 AM

I went on a field trip with my university yesterday to the Thousand Islets lake, about a two and a half hour bus ride from our campus, and here's a selection of photos from the day. They're nothing too great or artistic, just the usual touristy type shots and any comments & criticisms are welcome.

I tried to cull down the number of photos for this post, but still ended up with 9 photos; the rest are at my flickr. Enjoy.

Views: 1,791
04-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Those are some very interesting landscapes you've captured.
The key and lock are very nifty ideas. I like the way the key was planted there.

The bird shot is my favourite out of the series. I like the colours and the composition.

Any info on the gear used?
04-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #3

Intresting Subjects

Nice Compositions ... looks like a beautiful place to visit. I agree that the bird is my favorite. Do you know what the characters on #2 say? The last several were beautiful, but seemed a little dark. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of playing with one of them to try lightening it up.
Attached Images

04-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

nice photos! which city is your university in?

04-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Those are some very interesting landscapes you've captured.
Any info on the gear used?
K10D + Sigma 17-70 or Sigma 10-20; I kept swapping throughout the day. I hate how you have to click the Large photo size in the All Sizes flickr page to get to the exif data.

QuoteOriginally posted by Looms Quote
Do you know what the characters on #2 say?
"開心" means Happiness, so that's the "Happiness Lock"

QuoteOriginally posted by Looms Quote
I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of playing with one of them to try lightening it up.
Hmm, you're right, the last few are a little bit dark and need to be brightened a tad bit. I don't mind your version, and it makes the place look even nicer than it is, but it wasn't really what I saw. There was this thin fog/haze (or knowing China, pollution) throughout the whole day. Here in China, you never seem to get the beautiful blue skies that you see elsewhere in the world, e.g. back home in Australia.

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
Which city is your university in?
Hangzhou (杭州). Don't worry if you've never heard of it, it's not as well know as say Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, etc. It's about 180km south west of Shanghai.
04-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pop4 Quote
Hangzhou (杭州). Don't worry if you've never heard of it, it's not as well know as say Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, etc. It's about 180km south west of Shanghai.
i've been to Hangzhou! wonderful place, just from West Lake you should be able to get many great photos, look forward to seeing more of your photos
04-20-2008, 11:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, Hangzhou is a really nice place and there are plenty of photo opportunities around West Lake itself: