Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Down on Cripple Creek . . .
Lens: DA 21, FA 31, FA 77 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Richwood, TX ISO: 100 
Posted By: Sailor, 03-20-2014, 07:56 PM

. . . . . . . . She Sends Me. Well, it's actually Oyster Creek but she (my wife) did send me. This gorgeous, warm, sunny afternoon, Connie and I hopped in the roadster - top down and Bose Surround blasting - to do a bit of (vigorous) cruising on a perfect day. I took my camera thinking I might photograph the car somewhere, but I got caught up in driving it and forgot about making yet another picture of it. However, on the way home, Connie wanted to show me a little park in Richwood (a small community contiguous with Lake Jackson where we live) that abuts Oyster Creek - a sizable waterway that meanders all over Brazoria County (including a section that's adjacent to the street where we live - 3 or 4 miles from this little park). I took a few photos in this quiet, deserted place and decided to post a few here.

Jer

First look at the creek - note the lines (ropes) hanging from the tree limbs; I can only assume they are remnants of ropes folks used last summer to swing over and drop into the creek:

Part of the deck overlooking the creek:

"Causeway" to the creek:

Foolishly shooting into the sun; who cares: it's just a few electrons - not expensive inorganic and organic chemicals formulated into a light-sensing film (who would ever think of doing something silly like that, anyway):

Views: 660
03-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots of a tranquil and scenic area, wonder what the fishing is like.
03-20-2014, 11:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
some of the best places are close to home buddy, I think you've found one. Looks like the drought is over, or does that river flow into the ocean. Lovely area and photos, reminds me of so many Texas rivers we have visited..
03-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Texas has rivers? Surely you jest Jer. I think you somehow drove to Louisiana.

03-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Great shots of a tranquil and scenic area, wonder what the fishing is like.
Thanks much, EM. There were numerous lines and lures (?) stuck in the trees - I presume that these were left from poorly aimed fly fishermen - but I know nothing about fishing.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
some of the best places are close to home buddy, I think you've found one. Looks like the drought is over, or does that river flow into the ocean. Lovely area and photos, reminds me of so many Texas rivers we have visited..
Thanks, buddy. The creek does look pretty full, but there may be some tidal and wind effects contributing. We've not had much rain this winter despite endless gloomy skies and chilly air. The local paper reported last week that we've moved back into drought (Stage I ).

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Texas has rivers? Surely you jest Jer. I think you somehow drove to Louisiana.
Now Susan, would I kid you?

Jer