Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Ice Egg
Lens: D-FA 100mm Macro WR Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Westwood Nature Center, MN ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: slipdm16, 03-21-2014, 01:54 PM

Found these Ice Eggs while on a photo-hike across the frozen lake at the nature center behind our house. They had built an igloo, fire pit and must have put some blue food coloring and water into either water balloons or plastic easter eggs, which they left frozen around the igloo. I arranged the ice eggs how I wanted, and happened to be there as the sun was about to set, creating the blue reflection on the little "cave" behind it.

I really like the smoothness of the ice and its opacity, showing the air bubbles and imperfections, but am not sure what others think - I at least got an "ooh" from my wife.

What do you think?

Views: 710
03-22-2014, 10:35 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The blue tint makes it feel even colder. Brrrr. This would be refreshing to see on a hot August day.
03-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
The blue tint makes it feel even colder. Brrrr. This would be refreshing to see on a hot August day.
Good point! I think it was 0 degrees F when I took that shot...and that was a "warm" day during the polar vortex...still completely frozen here...will have to look at it again in summer