Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The perfect day
Posted By: ftpaddict, 04-19-2008, 01:50 PM

Not quite what you'd expect. What better way to intermingle my passion for photography with my second one? There was a motor show today, just a 20-minute drive from where I work, and my boss took me there (since we're both nuts for these things).

Photography-wise... as expected, lots and lots of Canons, a couple of Nikons and ONE other Pentaxian.

Pictures taken with K100D + FA J 28-80 (darling fringe-happy workhorse)
Enough talk. Picture time now.

Hard to fit this one in, since I don't have any wide-angle to speak of:

The obligatory half-nudie shot

I like this particular moment when they are looking at each other:

The legendary MV Agusta F4:

Authentic mini-racing bike, built by KTM.

Hope they weren't too annoying.

Thanks for looking!

Dan
Views: 1,343
04-20-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
The obligatory half-nudie shot
In deed, an eye candy shot not to be missed. The atmosphere is kind of interesting with all the white smoke around. Spicy and mysterious. I really enjoy this shot.

The legendary MV Agusta F4:

These two shots are the best car shots as these bring out the sleek modern feel of these machines. You obviously convert your passion into photography for sure

Hope they weren't too annoying.

That is your signature shot, Dan. Nevery annoying. Always fun to see car show in a totally different style.

Is the show a little "dark" ?
04-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you for the comments, James!

I was hoping I'd get a little more feedback on them, since I know there are some riders on the forums, and this was my first ever attempt at such a thing. I guess I was wrong. Ah well...

The show was not as dark as one would expect. Most photographers there were complaining about poor lighting, but I didn't seem to have any problems with it. (ISO 800 + SR sure helped, though) Most pictures posted here were post-processed in Raw Therapee, to give them the look I wanted.
04-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wish that I could have gone there Dan, I still love bikes.

I'd love to have after hours access to a venue like that, and be allowed to photograph the bikes. And yes models with some creative lighting.

04-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, I had no idea KTM made road racing machines. I thought they were a dirt only manufacturer. Nice shots there, is cool to see the different manufacturers machines. Haven't seen an MV Agusta in ages !! And love the shot of the guy checking out the bike girl, hehe, that would be me if i was there....Bikes? What bikes????