Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My 2000 4Runner
Lens: Pentax 18-55 AL WR Camera: Pentax K-30 (WR) 
Posted By: THatfield, 03-22-2014, 05:07 PM

Been learning with the new camera! I still carry the owners manual everywhere I go as I try to learn, but many of these came out quite good! Please feel free to critique. I should have removed the orange parking permit, but it always seems to skip my mind (it's gone now). Shutter speed, ISO and Aperture vary as I play around with the camera, so I apologize for not being super specific. There are more pictures from both shoots on my flickr. I just selected a few to show off.

I love the contrast of colors in this one. Between street signs, the turn signals, fog lamps and even the parking permit on the rearview, it all somehow pops.

Believe it or not, these pictures were taken in about a weeks time. Went from having around 8 inches of snow to none at all.
Views: 629
03-23-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's the best way to learn...shoot and shoot some more. Next time, think about those vertical distractions behind the car, the light poles and such in that parking lot. Position yourself (and/or the car) so the poles aren't sticking out of the top of the vehicle, and the images will be even better.
03-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
That's the best way to learn...shoot and shoot some more. Next time, think about those vertical distractions behind the car, the light poles and such in that parking lot. Position yourself (and/or the car) so the poles aren't sticking out of the top of the vehicle, and the images will be even better.
This makes perfect sense, thank you so much for the advice! That would definitely make it more visually appealing as well as add some depth. I do try to apply some of my old Video Production skills but it has been a while since I have made a film!

Thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated. It looks to be 61 degrees (F) on Thursday after a quick snow early this week, so hopefully I can wash up my favorite photo subject and take a few photos, as well as maybe head downtown and see what I can do. Thanks!
03-24-2014, 06:23 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're welcome. That's a lesson I am continually reviewing myself (plenty of odd things sticking out of subject's head or whatever). We've all done it, learning to "see" is part of the journey. Practice, practice, but most important, enjoy the camera and the experience!