Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Transformation - Puttin' on the Ritz [7 IMG]
Posted By: Sailor, 03-29-2014, 07:23 PM

While her parents were out of town Today and Friday, Granddaughter Claire spent last night with us and most of today. The one duty we (my wife) needed to perform was to prepare Claire for a photo session with her dance class at a local photo studio. Here are a few pics I took during make-up preparation at our house before driving to the studio. Not all of 'em represent technical perfection, but I'm keeping every one.

Jer

The Fun Begins!! (FA 77, ISO 200, 1/125s, f/4)

Second Thoughts? (FA 77, ISO 200, 1/125s, f/4)

The Arduous Process Begins. (FA 31, ISO 200, 1/60s, f/4)

A Moment of Contemplation. (FA 31, ISO 200, 1/60s, f/4)

Careful Grandma!!! (FA 31, ISO 800, 1/60s, f/5.6)

Starting to Come Together! (FA 77, ISO 1600, 1/125s, f/5.6)

Final Touches. (FA 77, ISO 1600, 1/125s, f/5.6)

Views: 1,768
03-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a wonderful series Jer! Good job my friend.

03-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Such sweet pics, she will want copies of them all so she can remember a special day.
03-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I don't have the 77, but do have the 70. I think either lens would of done fine. I'm pleased with my 70...portraits are excellent and I also use it a lot for taking parts (engines, carbs, grilles, etc.) of vintage cars and motorcycles. That lens and my 40 Limited provide startling clarity in available light, particularly during the 'golden' hour in the evening.
Frankly, since I already owned a DA 70, buying an FA 77 didn't make any sense. The 77 is a bit faster and has a slightly longer reach, which may be useful in a few situations, but it is twice as heavy as the 70 and my qualitative feel is that it doesn't AF as quickly. Still, I couldn't resist buying it when Pentax offered it's three-day rebate allowing B&H to knock off 250 bucks, and there's no doubt it's a great lens as is the 70; I'm keeping both of 'em!

I have a DA 40, as well - a super performer which is my travel mainstay.

Jer

---------- Post added 03-31-2014 at 07:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
What a wonderful series Jer! Good job my friend.
I really appreciate your comments, buddy. Thanks much!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Such sweet pics, she will want copies of them all so she can remember a special day.
Thank you. It'll be interesting seeing the pics taken by the studio photographer; I'm betting I'll like mine better.

Jer
03-31-2014, 03:58 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Pretty modest makeup for the stage, appropriate for kids. Great job.
That girl is beautiful!

04-01-2014, 04:31 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Jer, I can't top what others have said. Awesome portraits -- beautiful granddaughter.
04-01-2014, 05:44 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

wonderful photos jer, you should be proud, my daughter has been dancing from the age of 3 and has always had makeup for Photo night & concerts, always hair in a bun & makeup all done the same way, its important when dancing in a troop.
04-01-2014, 06:11 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Pretty modest makeup for the stage, appropriate for kids. Great job.
That girl is beautiful!
Thanks very much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Jer, I can't top what others have said. Awesome portraits -- beautiful granddaughter.
Hey Tess - I appreciate your kind words, as always.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
wonderful photos jer, you should be proud, my daughter has been dancing from the age of 3 and has always had makeup for Photo night & concerts, always hair in a bun & makeup all done the same way, its important when dancing in a troop.
Thanks much, Cee Cee - I appreciate it. This was my first time to photograph her getting ready for a photo session or a recital - normally my daughter does that and we just show up at the recital. I'm grateful I had the opportunity to capture these images!

Jer