Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Last Resort Photos
Lens: Tamron 90 f/2.8 macro Camera: K-5 Photo Location: South Algonquin Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 03-31-2014, 04:51 AM

We usually get at least a couple of warm days in March where we can sit in the sun out among the snow banks sipping a cold beer basking in the promise of spring.

Not this year.

Today is going up to plus 8 Celsius and sunny. Maybe today. The beers lie in wait.

Here is a series I put together from the last few days. Just anxious to use it so I don't lose it!

Window Plant

Garden Plant

Birds at the Feeder

Doggie Portraits
Old Dreamer

Trip the Poser

Misty and her favourite toy

Thanks for looking...
Here comes the sun!!
Views: 832
03-31-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice gallery, love the doggie portraits

And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only crazy person in Ontario taking pictures of my interior plants because the awful white stuff and the cold won't go away.

Cheers from one of your northern neighbour.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
03-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bright, colourful, very pleasant on the eyes. Thanks for sharing Tess.
03-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great series, Tess! We're having lovely weather now - temps in the mid 20sC (mid 70sF), but we'll be envying you come August.

Jer

03-31-2014, 06:12 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

your birds look cold & fed up! Brrrrrr. Dreamer looks like he's had enough as well, hope your spring arrives soon, I like your first shot, some nice light you captured & composition is great.
cheers
03-31-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cabin Fever!

Fine series, Tess, wonderfully captured, cropped and composed, as usual.
I really enjoy the motion-blur on the OOF bird hovering above the feeding. That little section of the shot, by itself is wonderful. But bear in mind, I like both Bokeh shots and motion blur. Just an idea.
I really hope the weather breaks for you, cabin fever is not fun. Sunny and windy here, with those dynamic deep-blue skies we get on clear days.
Where's my reflector? Got the macro, see ya!
Fgaudet, beautiful close-ups, fine colors and cropping, too. Hope you get outside soon, also!
Ron
04-01-2014, 04:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fgaudet Quote
Nice gallery, love the doggie portraits

And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only crazy person in Ontario taking pictures of my interior plants because the awful white stuff and the cold won't go away.

Cheers from one of your northern neighbour.
Thanks so much for commenting and especially for sharing your wonderful photos. Beautiful light!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Bright, colourful, very pleasant on the eyes. Thanks for sharing Tess.
Thank you Ash!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great series, Tess! We're having lovely weather now - temps in the mid 20sC (mid 70sF), but we'll be envying you come August.

Jer
Thanks Jer! You must be feeling high as a kite with such lovely weather to play in!

QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
your birds look cold & fed up! Brrrrrr. Dreamer looks like he's had enough as well, hope your spring arrives soon, I like your first shot, some nice light you captured & composition is great.
cheers
Thank you Cee Cee! Yes, we are all anxious for some warmth. We got a bit yesterday afternoon and the world is a much happier place today

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Fine series, Tess, wonderfully captured, cropped and composed, as usual.
I really enjoy the motion-blur on the OOF bird hovering above the feeding. That little section of the shot, by itself is wonderful. But bear in mind, I like both Bokeh shots and motion blur. Just an idea.
I really hope the weather breaks for you, cabin fever is not fun. Sunny and windy here, with those dynamic deep-blue skies we get on clear days.
Where's my reflector? Got the macro, see ya!
Fgaudet, beautiful close-ups, fine colors and cropping, too. Hope you get outside soon, also!
Ron
Thank you so much for the great comments and suggestions Ron! I too love that photo and I actually spent an afternoon trying to get the perfect OOF image. I have at least 200 to delete. ... Hope you had a great afternoon

04-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope that warmer weather up that way isn't an April Fools joke on you and Norm, nice series Tess.
04-01-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great shots Tess.