Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Moving Into New Apartment - Timelapse
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm Camera: Pentax K5-IIs ISO: 1600 
Posted By: DRabbit, 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share this time-lapse with you all. My mom recently had a big, major, emergency surgery, so we thought it would be a good idea for her to move closer to us (instead of 30 miles away, she's now 2 miles away). This weekend was the big move.

The goal was to get it all done in two days, so she wouldn't be stressed about unpacking and such. I shot time-lapse of the whole thing just for fun. As you can see, a few family members, especially my husband, couldn't seem to ignore the camera. LOL

Check it out here:

Lighting was pretty awful. It poured rain both days and it was dim and gloomy outside and inside. I ended up shooting everything at ISO 1600 and 3200. There were a few times I forgot to adjust the white balance too, but cut me some slack since the camera wasn't my primary focus

And just a side note, the K5-IIs bodies are proving, so far, as reliable as I hoped. Haven't had a single problem. Over 10,000 frames shot on one and 5,000 on the other so far. Headed to Brooklyn tomorrow for another big shoot.

Thanks everyone...

Attached Images

Views: 630
03-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like everyone had fun and Mom's got a nice new apartment.
03-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fun time-lapse.
03-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I absolutely loved this! It's great fun to watch and you get a strong sense of family. Well done! I want to learn how to do this.

03-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great Time-lapse!

That was a fun and interesting time-lapse video, well done!
Ron
03-31-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks all!
sealonsf: if you have any questions, let me know