Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The best part of the year
Lens: Tokina AT-X pro 2,8/28-70 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Germany 
Posted By: volley, 04-06-2014, 02:12 AM

I woke up quite early when the rest of the family was still sleeping, got out in a very foggy morning and was driving to buy some fresh baked hot rolls. Still to cold to get the top down ... but nature is definately "exploding". The smell of the "Oilseeds" (don't know the correct english word for the German "Raps") for me is the true sign that spring has arrived. In a few days the area around my village will be completely yellow. Too bad I am leaving for China again next Tuesday ... but still, life isn't that bad on a sunday morning:-).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 914
04-06-2014, 05:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Norbert, this is a wonderful photograph. Super composition, dominated by the landscape but with the sexy sports car to add a "dash of salt." Exposure is perfect and you've retained the misty look, which I find can be difficult. This pic could be in a travel or auto magazine!!

Jer
04-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
The smell of the "Oilseeds" (don't know the correct english word for the German "Raps")
Nice shooting!
We call it 'canola' . . . it used to be called 'rape', but that word in english has unpleasant connotations. We grow a lot of canola around here, but it won't be yellow until end of June/beginning of July.
04-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
don't know the correct english word for the German "Raps"
Aye, we call it "oilseed rape" here, so not greatly different to your name.

04-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like this shot - I can almost feel the chilly morning mist. Nice one!
04-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Terrific shot.
04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Norbert, this is a wonderful photograph. Super composition, dominated by the landscape but with the sexy sports car to add a "dash of salt." Exposure is perfect and you've retained the misty look, which I find can be difficult. This pic could be in a travel or auto magazine!!

Jer
Many thanks for your comment Jer, and I think the picture could be improved with a Boxster!

QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
Nice shooting!
We call it 'canola' . . . it used to be called 'rape', but that word in english has unpleasant connotations. We grow a lot of canola around here, but it won't be yellow until end of June/beginning of July.
Thank you John, I wasn't sure I could trust the "automatic translation" because of the connotations ...

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Aye, we call it "oilseed rape" here, so not greatly different to your name.
Thanks for taking the time to comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I like this shot - I can almost feel the chilly morning mist. Nice one!
Appreciate your comment Paul!

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Terrific shot.
Thank you!

04-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
love this shot Norbert, we don't get much of the fog here and I think as Jer said a great "mag photo". Hoping for better weather to be able to let the top down.
04-08-2014, 06:14 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Many thanks for your comment Jer, and I think the picture could be improved with a Boxster!

Thank you!
My friend, I don't think there's any way to make this photo any better - it's perfect the way it is. I just wish I had taken it - I hope you'll let me steal the idea .

Jer
04-08-2014, 11:48 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
love this shot Norbert, we don't get much of the fog here and I think as Jer said a great "mag photo". Hoping for better weather to be able to let the top down.
Thank you Bob! As always, I appreciate your comment very much.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
My friend, I don't think there's any way to make this photo any better - it's perfect the way it is. I just wish I had taken it - I hope you'll let me steal the idea .

Jer
Fell free to post your version Jer! No roaylties expected, don't worry
07-15-2018, 04:03 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
I woke up quite early when the rest of the family was still sleeping, got out in a very foggy morning and was driving to buy some fresh baked hot rolls. Still to cold to get the top down ... but nature is definately "exploding". The smell of the "Oilseeds" (don't know the correct english word for the German "Raps") for me is the true sign that spring has arrived. In a few days the area around my village will be completely yellow. Too bad I am leaving for China again next Tuesday ... but still, life isn't that bad on a sunday morning:-).
Wonderfully foggy.