Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My one prime day with the FA* 200 macro
Posted By: aegisphan, 04-21-2008, 05:28 PM

So I decided to use the FA* 200 macro exclusively for several days. It's such a hard beast to tame since I don't even have the proper macro flash for this lens yet. I know I'm getting better at handling this baby. No PP has been done, only crop. Enjoy .

Views: 2,086
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

wow nice photos ... worth the money you paid?
04-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
that's a select group of photos there aegis.......quite a lens too........now i see i have another macro to consider....thanks for sharing.
04-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gpaual Quote
that's a select group of photos there aegis.......quite a lens too........now i see i have another macro to consider....thanks for sharing.
Consider it all you want, good luck finding one though. I think I can count on one hand the people on this board that have this lens.

Nice shots by the way. I really like the snail and the last two bird shots.

04-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all for the compliments .

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
wow nice photos ... worth the money you paid?
It's definitely worth every penny. I'm waiting for the SDM TC to pair with this: a very good birding lens and a high mag. macro with decent working distance.

QuoteOriginally posted by gpaual Quote
At the moment, there is one available at a very high price. If you're interested, you might want to contact Frank (same user ID on this forums). I almost gave up on this lens after searching constantly (almost everyday eBaying ) for 4 months. There is also a Sigma 180 macro if you're interested in long focal macro.

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Consider it all you want, good luck finding one though. I think I can count on one hand the people on this board that have this lens.

Nice shots by the way. I really like the snail and the last two bird shots.
I feel so lucky to get this lens at a fair price from a nice Pentaxian fellow. Most people wouldn't give this one up easily.
04-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow, you had fun and I am so envious of the autofocus capability. Manual focus is really difficult
04-22-2008, 02:43 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Fantastic shots, great stuff

04-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Wow, you had fun and I am so envious of the autofocus capability. Manual focus is really difficult
Unfortunately, this lens actually hunts quite often, especially at macro range. The focus limiter does help to shorten the process. I manually focus most of the shots, except the bird shots. What I like about this lens is the focus feel. Being an AF lens, the focus ring is quite loose and relative shorter than a manual macro lens, so I can quickly change the focus plane. I can't do that easily with the Voigtlander and its insane 3-turn. The Voigtlander, however, is easier to handle.

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Fantastic shots, great stuff
Thanks. Glad you enjoy it.