Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Denver Auto Show
Lens: DA 18-55, DA 55-300 Camera: K-r Photo Location: Denver, CO 
Posted By: Aerlind, 04-13-2014, 04:15 PM

As I posted over in the lens discussion, I went to the Denver Auto Show today (thanks all who told me what to bring over there!) I ended up bringing my 18-55mm and 55-300mm, and I was glad I had both because I got some nice shots of the insides of some cars (Ok, the Lamborghini...) that I wouldn't have gotten without the telephoto because you weren't allowed to get that close. Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure!

A Corvette in this color is my absolute dream car. It has been since I was little...I have no idea why, I've just always loved them. A lot.

A Kia concept car. I bet the engineers had fun designing this one.

Cool dash.

A Maserati engine. I was struck by how symmetrical it is.

I even love the emblem.

Audi R8. Very pretty.

Thus starts the sequence of Lamborghini photos. It was a really, really cool looking car. I could've tried to get closer, but it would have involved lots of waiting in lines, and I didn't want to bother with that. So I tried to put myself in good spots and use my lenses.

However, I was not going to get a "people-free" shot of the whole car. So I just choose to ignore the people in the background.

Again, just pretend the people aren't there.

Even the wheel is pretty.
Views: 750
04-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice job on the car show. You got some great details.
04-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very nice well taken series.--charliezap
04-14-2014, 04:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Good Job!

Hello Aerlind.
Fine work at the Auto Show! You got more use out of the telephoto than I normally would, with the interior shots; well done.
Perhaps because I'm more used to outdoor car shows and classic car cruises, where the owner usually is happy to open the hood, trunk, interior, etc.
But working around the restrictions (and, crowd!) at a new-car show presents some different problems and your approach worked fine.
TFS!
Ron

04-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are terrific auto show pics, Hannah - I know from experience that such places can make shooting tough, indeed. The Lambo is simply spectacular - really well photographed. I can never decide whether Lambos are beautiful or bizarre - maybe they're a little of both.

Jer
04-14-2014, 06:03 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

And I think they're both bizarre AND beautiful. That's what makes them cool. And the fact us "mere mortals" will likely never drive one.
04-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots, Hannah. The shots of bits of the car instead of the whole thing are very effective. I'm re-thinking the way I shoot cars.

Lamborghinis have sort-of wandered down the bizarre design road in the last few decades, I think. Maybe they're trying to appeal to the "look at me" demographic. Mind you, that Aventador looks more brutal than bizarre to me. I think I would move over if one came up behind me on the open road

The Maserati engine looks good. They sound wonderful Where, say, a C63 AMG growls as it takes off, Ferraris and Maseratis howl and shriek. Wonderful sound.

Richard.

« Away | Moon »