Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A Look of Determination
Lens: FA 31/1.8 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Junction with Dimension X ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-16-2014, 07:44 AM

I was struck by the determined look on the face of this character who I was lucky enough to catch with my camera as he emerged from Dimension X, the border of which intersects with parts of SE Texas. His appearance was fleeting - rather like the spontaneous appearance of particles and antiparticles that occurs at the quantum level, so I was fortunate to capture an image.

Pardon me, for now; I've got to pull my tongue out of my cheek before it gets stuck there.

Jer

Views: 642
04-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Cool perspective and depth of field really give this shot motion.
Wouldn't it be appearance protons and anti-protons against your image sensor?
04-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool shot buddy, what car emblem is this, you got me stumped?
04-17-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reed_page Quote
Cool perspective and depth of field really give this shot motion.
Wouldn't it be appearance protons and anti-protons against your image sensor?
Thanks - that's just the feeling I have, so I'm glad it translated to someone else. Regarding the particles - I expect you've right; the sensor in the K-3 has amazing capabilities .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Cool shot buddy, what car emblem is this, you got me stumped?
Hey, thanks, brother Bob. The ornament is from a Caddy - probably late '40s or early '50s??

Jer

04-17-2014, 06:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That is one cool shot!!! Good eye
04-17-2014, 06:12 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool perspective, reminds me of I Robot the film, which was loosely based on the Isaac Asimov short stories and was first published in 1950.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=i+robot&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&e...2F%3B640%3B480
04-17-2014, 07:03 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a '52 0r 53 Caddy, I think. Amazing car. We have a car show in summer. I think I may attend and take some pictures. I love all of these.
04-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very creative which shows the mind hasn't failed just yet!

04-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Super Hero?

Jer, great photo! The reflections and DoF really create a look of motion, nice work buddy.
I did some Googling for the year and model of the Caddy, here's the closest I found; 1949 Cadillac Series 62 Club Sedan.
https://www.google.com/search?q=1953+cadillac&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=...2F%3B480%3B360
https://www.google.com/search?q=1953+cadillac&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=...F%3B1008%3B547
TFS!
Ron
04-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
That is one cool shot!!! Good eye
Hey, Tess, thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Cool perspective, reminds me of I Robot the film, which was loosely based on the Isaac Asimov short stories and was first published in 1950.
Thanks for the compliment and making the connection that has been tantalizing while eluding me over the last several days! I knew I recognized that face from somewhere - and you nailed it (ahhh, I can sleep now ). I was a big fan of Asimov - especially the original Foundation series, the Robot stories and good 'ol Elijah Bailey. Asimov, who had a Ph.D. in biochemistry, inspired me - when I was 17 - to change my major from music to chemistry; eight years later I had my own Ph.D. in organic chemistry.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Susinok Quote
That's a '52 0r 53 Caddy, I think. Amazing car. We have a car show in summer. I think I may attend and take some pictures. I love all of these.
I'm glad you liked the pics - I'm looking forward to seeing your shots from the upcoming show.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very creative which shows the mind hasn't failed just yet!
Not quite yet, my friend, not quite yet. Thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Jer, great photo! The reflections and DoF really create a look of motion, nice work buddy.
I did some Googling for the year and model of the Caddy, here's the closest I found; 1949 Cadillac Series 62 Club Sedan.

Ron
Hey, Ron, thanks for the kind words and for the research. Most over the cars had stickers in the front windows with rather complete descriptions; in most cases I photographed these just to have a "cheat sheet" when I PP'd and titled the pics. For some reason, I didn't do so with car.

Jer