Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Alberta 'Spring' Shots for Bruce and other fans of snow
Posted By: daacon, 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM

Well Bruce all the comments you make about the snow prompted me to post a few more. Last Thursday all the snow had long since melted everywhere - then Friday a storm came in that lasted roughly 4 days. Pretty rare this late in the year to last that long, but it happens. Today it stopped snowing and the Sun is out for the first time in 4 days. This should all be gone in a week but man what a rough 4 days!

Fresh snow can be scenic (and those shawdows confirm the Sun was indeed out !!!)
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2435675900_0775d26740_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

I was going to rake the lawn on Friday and put down some fertilizer haha been delayed fer a bit now ...
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2018/2435676070_a1a65fb09c_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Here is my street - we have a 4x4 and it was needed to navigate down there without slipping and sliding away ....
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2435675472_b7a8f83b50_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Sidewalks? What Stinking Sidewalks?
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2377/2435675734_32d4586b5d_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Oh and this recent weather has put a damper on my Bug Macro attempts - slowly getting back to normal.
Views: 1,701
04-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dave, all that I can say is BRRRRR

I really like the sidewalk photo
04-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow thats crazy!

It was almost 24C this afternoon here and all the normal snow has melted... I'd cry if it snowed more!

Pat
04-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Dang...

Dang Dave!!!!!!

That does suck..... UGH.. almost May and still snow on the ground!! Think positive!!!

LOL.. go to the store and buy a whole bunch of flowers and put them in your house!!! Then atleast you have something besided white to look at.... LOL

Kim

BTW... nice series... My fav is definately the sidewalk or snow path whichever you like to call it...

04-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks exactly like spring to me???? Wait.... do you live in Antarctica? LOL!

We finally got our first 70 degree day, it was soooo humid. Oh well, I miss the snow and I should have taken more pictures in it.
04-23-2008, 04:05 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave

what do you mean "spring"

I have seen that in august in the mountains. Are you sure you took these this week?

Seriously though, having the 3 feet of snow in my yard finally disappear about 2 weeks ago, I feel sorry for you
04-23-2008, 05:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Dave, all that I can say is BRRRRR
I really like the sidewalk photo
Thanks Stu it was pretty cold weekend (Wind-chill at -20 C) made watching some of the hockey games seem like mid season!

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Wow thats crazy!
It was almost 24C this afternoon here and all the normal snow has melted... I'd cry if it snowed more!
Pat
I hear that Pat! I shoveled the driveway and walk 5 times over the weekend. I refuse to do it anymore. I will let Mother Nature take the snow away!

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Dang Dave!!!!!!
That does suck..... UGH.. almost May and still snow on the ground!! Think positive!!!
LOL.. go to the store and buy a whole bunch of flowers and put them in your house!!! Then atleast you have something besided white to look at.... LOL
Kim
BTW... nice series... My fav is definately the sidewalk or snow path whichever you like to call it...
Thanks Kim - conventional wisdom here is don't plant garden or bedding plants until after May long weekend - even then you can get burnt by some occasional frost or snow

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Looks exactly like spring to me???? Wait.... do you live in Antarctica? LOL!
We finally got our first 70 degree day, it was soooo humid. Oh well, I miss the snow and I should have taken more pictures in it.
Ha Ha at times I wonder Chris (didn't they film March of the Penquins in my backyard ?) I do like winter and snow - however most people here myself included have had enough ! The general neighborhood conversations are getting pretty grim; most people have lost their sense of humor over our latest storm.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Dave
what do you mean "spring"
I have seen that in august in the mountains. Are you sure you took these this week?
Seriously though, having the 3 feet of snow in my yard finally disappear about 2 weeks ago, I feel sorry for you
Thanks Lowell - this is Alberta after all - it does snow somewhere every month of the year. I remember years ago driving in the Mountains July long weekend and hitting a snow storm. We are supposed to start our Ball season on the 30th April well that ain't gonna happen!

04-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Thanks for the great shots, Dave. You have certainly had a snow season this year.Thanks again, I really enjoy them.
04-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Thanks for the great shots, Dave. You have certainly had a snow season this year.Thanks again, I really enjoy them.

ha ha thanks Bruce ! I am glad SOMEONE is enjoying it
04-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Dave,
I'm with Bruce, like looking at pictures of the stuff. But don't envy you guys one iota having to live in it.

Thanks for the shots, appreciated.

Cheers
Grant (note new username)
04-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images Dave, could have been taken right here as well. It's supposed to warm up a little for the weekend?

Take care,
04-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Thanks Dave, but for your sake, I do hope you dont get many opportunities for such shots for quite a while. I just hope you get some "real spring" soon.
As I have said, not that nice here either, had about 180mm of rain in approx 10 days.
Hang in there, better has to be just around the corner.