Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Vegas's Newest Attraction - High Roller
Lens: DA* 16-50 Camera: K5 IIS Photo Location: Las Vegas 
Posted By: daacon, 04-20-2014, 06:56 AM

Vegas is a chameleon town, always changing. I was there a mere 2 years ago and there were significant changes in that short period.

The High Roller is now the largest in world , bigger than the London Eye, 550 feet high. There are rumors of one being built in New York and Dubai that will be bigger but for now Vegas has the record. It was not officially open , it was under a 'soft opening'. I really wanted to get on it , but as we were with some other people it just didn't work out. Next time for sure.

In true Vegas style , each car would hold up to 18 people. It takes 30-40 minutes to make one revolution and from what I understood at least for the soft opening it costs $35.00. You can also rent a mini bar and a bar tender when I asked the price of that I was told since it was not offically opened there was no set price , Vegas baby everything's negotiable

Those that have been here, the Imperial Palace is no more. It was been replaced by the Quad. They have built a whole new pathway with shops , bars and restaurants all the way from the strip down to this ride.

Click on image twice for larger view

#1 - I first noticed it from the cab ride from the airport but this was the view from our room - taunting me to go and try it damnit !

#2 - The new walkway from the Quad

#3 - It looks impressive approaching it from the strip

#4 - One the cars be a great place to spend 30 or 40 minutes for some great views

#5 - Even with the DA* 16-50 @ 16mm I had to walk to end of the parking lot to get it all in

Views: 820
04-20-2014, 07:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some nice compositions there, nice. That town has lots of photogenic buildings
04-20-2014, 07:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The view might be impressive if only I didn't have acrophobia! Looks like you had a good time.
04-20-2014, 07:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
WOW!

Wow, Dave, that's quite an impressive feat of engineering, and perfectly captured, too. Fine work and a great subject!
TFP,
Ron

05-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Some nice compositions there, nice. That town has lots of photogenic buildings
Thanks Na Horuk it surely does.

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
The view might be impressive if only I didn't have acrophobia! Looks like you had a good time.
Thanks wtwdwgn Vegas is always a good time - the alcohol helps eh

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Wow, Dave, that's quite an impressive feat of engineering, and perfectly captured, too. Fine work and a great subject!
TFP,
Ron
THanks rbefly indeed it is for a brief moment in time, it has the world record.