Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Flower Flowers everywhere!!!!!
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 04-22-2008, 10:29 PM

Spring is finally almost in full bloom here!!!! There are flowers popping up everywhere!!!! Here is a bouquet of 5 for you from this weekend.. Enjoy!!!!!!

This first one is called a Lantern Tulip...

This little guy just happened to be next to another I was shooting.. he's a small one... a pencil would be almost as round as he is....

The one beside the Little guy...

I loved the shine on this beauty...

Lastly.. one from a Star Magnolia tree...

Views: 1,616
04-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
#1 is beautiful Kim, however #4 is outstanding
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow you've really gotten the bug for macro photography. Every time I click on your stuff it gets better and better. You're such a fast learner and wonderful images again Thank you for sharing!
04-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
Igilligan

I have to agree that 1 and 4 are my faves, but I would rank 1 higher...

Keep em coming...

04-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks fellas!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
#1 is beautiful Kim, however #4 is outstanding
WOW.. thanks Stu!!! I am really glad that you liked them...

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Wow you've really gotten the bug for macro photography. Every time I click on your stuff it gets better and better. You're such a fast learner and wonderful images again Thank you for sharing!
Thanks so much for the kind words Chris!!! I have gotten the bug for sure... Although I have een itchin to get my 80-200 back out, but just haven't gone anywhere to use it much.. The flowers and macro's have suficed my photo taking addiction!!!

Glad you enjoyed them!!! Thanks for lookin!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I have to agree that 1 and 4 are my faves, but I would rank 1 higher... Keep em coming...
Thanks Gus, I am so glad you enjoyed them. I was really pleased with #1 after I processed it.. My favorite besides that one is the last one..
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

you really have come a long way fast Your work is very very good!
04-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Great in your face macros Kim!

04-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welldone, Kim! Being a real Macro enthusiast myself, I really appreciate them.
I had just looked at Dave's great snow shots, and then a complete contrast with your brilliant Spring colours.
Again, well done, keep it up!
04-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Your flower macro shots are always wonderful and keep getting better everyday, thanks for sharing.

Cory
04-23-2008, 06:57 PM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Well that was a well spent $25.00 As the others have said, these are better than the last ones that are better than the last ones....

I like the 4th as well but to be different from the crowd, I like the last one the best. Great soft light ans subtle shades in that picture. Would have liked to see a little less background in the top and right side but excellent none the less.
04-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by rmtagg Quote
you really have come a long way fast Your work is very very good!
Thank you Rosemary.... Before I had gotten my digital I had almost given up photography because it was so expensive to get things develop and to play and practice... Thank god for the small things and a bonus checks!!!! Feels good to be back behind the camera again..

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Great in your face macros Kim!
I do like the closeups for sure... Always have even with film... I should of known that I would enjoy macros just for that reason....

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Well done, Kim! Being a real Macro enthusiast myself, I really appreciate them. I had just looked at Dave's great snow shots, and then a complete contrast with your brilliant Spring colours. Again, well done, keep it up!
Thanks so much... I do love color and spring is always a welcome season... but on the other hand I am also very fond of the first snows of the year as well.... Guess I am just a nature girl at heart!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
Your flower macro shots are always wonderful and keep getting better everyday, thanks for sharing. Cory
Thanks for the kind words Cory... I really appreciate it.. and Glad you enjoyed them...

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I like the 4th as well but to be different from the crowd, I like the last one the best. Great soft light ans subtle shades in that picture. Would have liked to see a little less background in the top and right side but excellent none the less.
Thanks so much Peter!!!! I owe alot of my growth in photography to you!!! and all your help you gave esspecially when I first started.. Thank you so much.. The last one is actually my favorite as well of the series.. Here is a tighter crop.. is that better???

04-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I like the second crop. IMO many of these close up and macro shots need a good background to work well. It's why you see so many comments about bokeh. Try to shoot with this in mind since heavy cropping afterwards will reduce picture quality and getting it right in the camera is the goal as much as possible.
04-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I love that last photograph Kim

I made it to mom's for the weekend safely, however I came on hoping on seeing some of your latest photographs

Trust me on this everyone, Kim has at least one photo that will blow these out of the water
I saw it for myself earlier today Thanks Kim