Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
A Season In Flux
Lens: Tamron 90 f/2.8 macro, Tamron 17 - 50 f/2.8, Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 04-23-2014, 03:59 AM

The transition from Winter to Spring has been slow.

Our Ice out canoe trip is suppose to start is less than two weeks. Not sure it's going to happen. The big lakes are still solid.

However, my favourite little stream is open.

As the snow in the bush melts I find all kinds of interesting objects

But spring is here even if it doesn't feel like it. The forest floor is waking up

So is my garden

And we had unexpected visitors dropping in for Easter dinner.

The promise of a nice spring day on the horizon.

Have a great day!!!
Views: 837
04-23-2014, 05:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Outstanding again, wonderful colour and brilliant photography. How was the turkey for dinner?
04-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Excellent shots, I hope it warms up in the next few weeks for your trip.
04-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A very nice series. I really like the flower shots, splendid colours

04-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gmans Quote
Outstanding again, wonderful colour and brilliant photography. How was the turkey for dinner?
Thanks gman! We were hoping the turkey's would stick around so our neighbours couldn't shoot them. But they left and we did hear a few gunshots over the weekend.

QuoteOriginally posted by reed_page Quote
Excellent shots, I hope it warms up in the next few weeks for your trip.
Thanks for having a look reed_page. Warmth would be nice! Ice off the lakes ideal

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
A very nice series. I really like the flower shots, splendid colours
Thank you Bruce. First flowers of the season amid freezing temps, snow, rain and sleet. Very nice to see and photograph.
04-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great series here Tess, your garden is sure trying to break into the spring weather, very pretty flowers popping up. Are the lakes frozen enough where you can safely walk across them?
04-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nice shots, Tess. Photo #2 deserves to be printed BIG and hung on a wall. It really stopped me.

04-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful shots. Really like the colors in the sky in the last one. Definitely a Spring sky! If the lake is still frozen you could attach a parasail to your canoe. All you'll need is a windy day!
04-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another great set of photos from you, Tess. I really like the ones with isolated subjects - like the old bottle. Creative and super cool.

Jer
04-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Great series here Tess, your garden is sure trying to break into the spring weather, very pretty flowers popping up. Are the lakes frozen enough where you can safely walk across them?
Thanks for having a look Bob. I can say with certainty it is not safe to walk on the ice, even though we have a long way to go before we can paddle the lake. This in-between time is a killer. But, I should be outside painting, raking, shovelling and gardening anyway.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
Nice shots, Tess. Photo #2 deserves to be printed BIG and hung on a wall. It really stopped me.
Thank you so much for such a nice compliment John

QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
Beautiful shots. Really like the colors in the sky in the last one. Definitely a Spring sky! If the lake is still frozen you could attach a parasail to your canoe. All you'll need is a windy day!
Thank you joip, I thought the sky in the last was subtle and pretty. Glad you like it When my canoe has run up on ice in the past in sounds like metal going through a meat grinder. Just awful and scary!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Another great set of photos from you, Tess. I really like the ones with isolated subjects - like the old bottle. Creative and super cool.

Jer
Thank you Jer