Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Felton Food Festival 2014
Lens: Sigma 18-200/f3.5-5.6 DC II HSM Camera: K-01 Photo Location: Felton, Queensland 
Posted By: PJ1, 04-26-2014, 11:54 PM

The Felton Food Festival is now in its third year and getting bigger all the time. Felton is a small farming community on the eastern Darling Downs in Southeast Queensland. The Festival was conceived as a way to show case local produce and, in particular, small food processing ventures - wine, olives, fresh vegetables, cheese, free range pigs and chickens, etc. It is not a market as such, but a display case with samples and information and sales along with it. It attracts some big names. Costa from Gardening Australia has presented there each year because he supports the Festival's aims of building up local food producer networks. It is a one day event but they are going to have to re-think it. We arrived fairly early and the traffic was queued about 2 km (more than a mile) back out and even up the highway!

It was a fairly dull day with high overcast most of the time. But here are a few images.

Grazing on grilled haloumi (yum!)

Choosing the right balsamic vinegar.

Some of the live entertainment. She could sing, too. Gave a nice rendition of some Credence Clearwater Revival classics.

Time out to pat a Persian fat-tailed sheep

And grab some olive tapenade from Coolmunda Olives while sharing a joke with the owner, Coolmunda Olives is just at the end of our road (which means it is some 30 km or 20 miles away) so we are sort of neighbours.

Views: 702
04-27-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see on photos an influx of people to the festival.
Very well that there was an alive interest to healthy food. My family gladly would try the local food too.
Fine.
04-27-2014, 03:56 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by zztopd Quote
I see on photos an influx of people to the festival.
Very well that there was an alive interest to healthy food. My family gladly would try the local food too.
Fine.
lol... grilled haloumi isn't exactly the healthiest food... but damn is it tasty

PJ1, the images are nice, but your white balance seems to be off. they all feel far too warm.
04-27-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for looking.

imaspy - Re the white balance, thanks for the feedback. They were a bit dull, due to the overcast so I adjusted the contrast. I must have a bit more of a play. They were shot as jpegs because I only wanted a small image for our website. But I have not played with white balance before. Still learning from the experts

QuoteOriginally posted by zztopd Quote
influx of people
zztopd - The number of people was amazing. By 10 o'clock they already had as many people as they had for the whole day last year

04-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by imaspy Quote
lol... grilled haloumi isn't exactly the healthiest food... but damn is it tasty
but what about olives, balsamic vinegar, wine with cheese, wine without cheese. there is no doubt that this festival is useful! I like it.
in small doses even the grilled haloumi gives life smack. hmm