Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

street shots with the DEE VEE STYLE.. its evolving!
Posted By: distorted_vision, 04-24-2008, 12:53 AM

here are a few from today... some of these are a little strange and distorted, however thats certainly my style,. i really hope you like them.. i had fun taking these shots this afternoon..

Last edited by distorted_vision; 04-24-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Views: 6,595
05-01-2008, 05:12 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
WOW this is really some interesting work. I have to admit I am not loving them all but #2, 8 12 stand out for me. 12 is like an alien sighting shot!!! very cool. You have taken you work to a new level. Keep up the good work.

05-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
theres just one lense that i want to add to my collection at the moment and that is a fish eye lense!! i would have some fun with that!
As fate would have it, there is a fellow countryman of yours selling a Fisheye in the marketplace here!

I am not associated with the seller, just pointing you in a direction you mentioned you wanted to go. I have one and they are tons o' fun!
05-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #33
Veteran Member

A fisheye would be a great lens to have indeed.

I can see quite a number of uses for one ... I just don't have the fund for one unfortunately
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #34
Damn Brit

Ever thought of becoming a spy? Number 4 looks like a surveillance shot from one of those Cold War era movies.

05-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Ever thought of becoming a spy? Number 4 looks like a surveillance shot from one of those Cold War era movies.
a spy would be an awesome job, however, im almost 6ft 5inches. so it makes it a little tricky to be discreit,..unless i hide in a wheelie bin and but a hole in the side of it and wheel myself around. thats something that i might concider.. im a fruit loop, so fruit loop ideas usually make a lot of sense to me,,,, hahah.. cold war era movies are among my favourite films,
05-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #36
ramshot

Another great series DV. I really like #17. I, and I'm sure others, would like to see some of your drawings and other artistic endeavors. Do you have any pics of your other artwork you could post?
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramshot Quote
Another great series DV. I really like #17. I, and I'm sure others, would like to see some of your drawings and other artistic endeavors. Do you have any pics of your other artwork you could post?

heymate,thanx for that ..
i dont have any pictures of my work.however i shall take some photos tonight and post them up if you like?

05-02-2008, 03:48 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well heres 2 peices i did this afternoon. these are only little sketches and a basic acrylic sunset. i always keep my paints and pencils with me at all times, so i can draw on location if i see something that i like.. today i saw this river setting and decided to let the pencil flow. i always keep mini canvases in my case, so i can paint away at any given time..the sunset was just on my mind, as im getting sick of the cold weather.. sunsets remind me of the summer, so i just wanted to paint one quikly,, when i go back home over the weekend, i will take soms photos of my more serious stuff,. im not very good at painting and drawing,i havnt had any lessons etc, but i still really enjoy it and it relaxes me when im stressed out about things,,

05-02-2008, 04:53 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
..im getting sick of the cold weather...
Kev, get used to it, it's only early May! Could be worse, you might be back in Birmingham...

Those are quite nice pieces. When you're trapped indoors on a cold bleak Melbourne winter day with some time on your hands you should set up a few shots of your better works, just so we can have a look on this forum. Could be tricky getting the lighting right to show them properly but I'm sure you're up to the challenge.
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
Kev, get used to it, it's only early May! Could be worse, you might be back in Birmingham...

Those are quite nice pieces. When you're trapped indoors on a cold bleak Melbourne winter day with some time on your hands you should set up a few shots of your better works, just so we can have a look on this forum. Could be tricky getting the lighting right to show them properly but I'm sure you're up to the challenge.
hah! birmingham.. hmmmm, yeh, youre right mate... i shouldnt winge should i!! hehe..
yeh, ill take a few shots tday then!