Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

street shots with the DEE VEE STYLE.. its evolving!
Posted By: distorted_vision, 04-24-2008, 12:53 AM

here are a few from today... some of these are a little strange and distorted, however thats certainly my style,. i really hope you like them.. i had fun taking these shots this afternoon..

Last edited by distorted_vision; 04-24-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Views: 6,949
04-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

You've done it again! A boring station platform... transformed into art. No. 17 is great.

04-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
You've done it again! A boring station platform... transformed into art. No. 17 is great.
hah! thanks mate!! thats from richmond! (which im sure you might know)
04-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Richmond, yeah... the football team has a big yellow slash on the jumper, and their captain had a big yellow slash on a Police station....
04-25-2008, 01:20 AM   #19
Forum Member

Great series and yes, some of these shots are a bit unconventional. That's exactly what I like about them. The soft out of focus shots are awesome, especially #2. Thanks for posting these.

04-25-2008, 01:51 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nycxaro Quote
Great series and yes, some of these shots are a bit unconventional. That's exactly what I like about them. The soft out of focus shots are awesome, especially #2. Thanks for posting these.
no worrys mate! glad you like them!
04-25-2008, 06:15 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Amazing again DV. I find about 5 just stunning photos in this large group. It's much harder to capture the boring world with the vision you have than most people may think. Keep it up and make us proud
04-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Nice work Kev,

Dark loading dock is close to my heart ... as i deliver to many of them :P

I really like how you portray everyday hustle and bustle ... and some of the darker sides of the city.

Sooooo ... can I ask ... do you bump up the ISO a bit just to get that grainy look ... or is it hush hush.

04-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Amazing again DV. I find about 5 just stunning photos in this large group. It's much harder to capture the boring world with the vision you have than most people may think. Keep it up and make us proud
hey mate. im really happy that you appreciate the images i capture. i really try my hardest to come up with images that make people stop and think.. make a commonplace, everyday scenario or location into something that draws you in. thanks ever so much for the kind words mate, and dont worry.. i will continue taking as many photos as humanly possible!
kev
04-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Nice work Kev,

Dark loading dock is close to my heart ... as i deliver to many of them :P

I really like how you portray everyday hustle and bustle ... and some of the darker sides of the city.

Sooooo ... can I ask ... do you bump up the ISO a bit just to get that grainy look ... or is it hush hush.
thanks mate hustle and bustle and the vibe that society gives off whilst out and about the city is exactly the feeling i want to convey through my images, so im stoked that you brought that up!

hah, well the iso gets cranked up along with the sharpness and contrast on some photographs. i use a few old pentax lenses which have a natural oversaturated and grainy feel to the images they capture. its funny, i have a few lenses and the lense i use mostly (including for most of this series) ,is a pentax lense i bought off my mates dad for $10.
its really a case of my imagination.. you make do with what you have got to work with and you will soon find that your equiptment isnt holding your photography back... the only thing holding it back is the person behind the shutter. thats something i love about photography... its an expression of who we are as people.you dont need expensive gear and wizbang technology to take nice shots.. sometimes you can be lucky and pull off a shot that you really connect with and that memory will remain forever through your lifetime, in the hope that it can passed down to others and so on and so on.. im also very heavily into art. watercolours, oils,air brushing and graphite pencil sketches are something that i also hold close to my heart. i mostly paint water/ocean scenes and i airbrush pictures of cars,flames and naked girls. also, im into the 'street art' scene. end of the day.. i love art in general.. photography is an extension of that!!
04-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I can see your artistic background coming through ... and I can see why I cannot produce a similar style of photography as you do ... as I don't see it "in the same way as you".

What I have been trying to do though lately is put one lens on the camera .... and see what I can produce with it ... and make the best of what i have at the time.

I guess in a way I am trying to hone my skills better ... and not rely on the equipment alone.
04-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #26
Veteran Member

What I have been trying to do though lately is put one lens on the camera .... and see what I can produce with it ... and make the best of what i have at the time.
Interesting... I've been doing exactly the same thing lately. The biggest challenge was when I took only my FA100-300 to the Zoo a couple of weekends ago. But when I first started photography back in the early 70s I only had a 50 mm lens for my SLR, and I think I was a better photographer for it.
04-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G M Fude Quote
Interesting... I've been doing exactly the same thing lately. The biggest challenge was when I took only my FA100-300 to the Zoo a couple of weekends ago. But when I first started photography back in the early 70s I only had a 50 mm lens for my SLR, and I think I was a better photographer for it.
For the first several months of DSLR ownership ... all i had was the 18-55mm kit lens.
And I can tell you ... I learnt a lot from just using that ... as that's all I had.
05-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #28

I'm blown away - what a brilliant set!

I really like some of the perspectives you've captured here. Some of them have a real 'covert surveillance' feel.
05-01-2008, 04:32 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heropsycho Quote
I'm blown away - what a brilliant set!

I really like some of the perspectives you've captured here. Some of them have a real 'covert surveillance' feel.
hey mate, thanks a lot for the feedback.. im flattered that you can appreciate the world through my eyes..
05-01-2008, 04:36 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I can see your artistic background coming through ... and I can see why I cannot produce a similar style of photography as you do ... as I don't see it "in the same way as you".

I guess in a way I am trying to hone my skills better ... and not rely on the equipment alone.
yer mate.. pick a lense that you have a connection with and let the pics flow.. surprisingly, alot of my street shots are also taken with my pentax 70-210mm lense.. its an awesome lense and its sharpness is very impressive! theres just one lense that i want to add to my collection at the moment and that is a fish eye lense!! i would have some fun with that!