Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Just Got Photoshop
Lens: 50mm 1.8 Camera: k5 
Posted By: liquid85, 04-27-2014, 07:15 PM

Well I just got photoshop. I had just been using iPhoto and Pixelmator. This is probably old news to most of you but photoshop is awesome. I can see myself spending waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much time editing photos. lol. Here are two older shots that I messed around with today. I tend to like things either undersaturated or really vibrant. The first shot is a friend of mine walking around a dilapidated warehouse and the second is a downtown shot. Any thoughts or advice?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 849
04-28-2014, 08:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I really like the first shot! I *almost* think you could have backed off the sharpening a bit, but a second look tells me no, this is great the way it is.

The second one looked very nice until I noticed the cloud appearance at the horizon, not sure what to say, it just looks bad to me.
What is weird is that the clouds look the same near the top, and I actually like them way up in the sky like that, but once they get close to the ground, it just does not work for me.
04-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
I really like the first shot! I *almost* think you could have backed off the sharpening a bit, but a second look tells me no, this is great the way it is.

The second one looked very nice until I noticed the cloud appearance at the horizon, not sure what to say, it just looks bad to me.
What is weird is that the clouds look the same near the top, and I actually like them way up in the sky like that, but once they get close to the ground, it just does not work for me.
Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it. I agree with you about the clouds. I didn't even notice it until it got uploaded here. Not sure what happened with that. Thanks again.
04-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the clouds look that way because of how you upped things like the vibrances, curves, or levels etc. the second shot is just over-saturated beyond a 'style' for me.

i do like the first shot, but i am not sure how to interpret the picture as there is no context for why some well-dressed guy is walking around in some dilapidated building.... it would probably be stronger if it were part of a set rather than on its own

04-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by imaspy Quote
the clouds look that way because of how you upped things like the vibrances, curves, or levels etc. the second shot is just over-saturated beyond a 'style' for me.

i do like the first shot, but i am not sure how to interpret the picture as there is no context for why some well-dressed guy is walking around in some dilapidated building.... it would probably be stronger if it were part of a set rather than on its own
I agree with you on the second one. I just got carried away with all of the options in photoshop. lol. As far as the context on the first picture, I see what you mean. I was showing him this warehouse and he just happened to be in a suit. I thought it was an interesting juxtaposition, so I took a few shots. Thanks for the time you took to critique my shots. I appreciate it.