Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Quantum Macro
Posted By: metalfab, 04-24-2008, 12:39 PM

What would a real quantum macro be? ...not sure and I certainly can not afford it

This is from the Sigma 70-300 APO at 300mm (1:2) macro. All I did was slightly crop and resize to 1000x668. Also applied "Film Color K" in SilkyPix.

Views: 1,048
04-25-2008, 04:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wow, deja vu!

I worked for Quantum as a electronics tech in R&D until about 10 years ago. I don't recognize this particular board, it's probably from after my time.

this reminds me of the view through the binocular microscopes we would use to be able to work on these sorts of boards.... by the way, a very nice clear image

I probably did 1000's of images of tape drive read/write heads (at much higher magnifications) through this monster Nikon microscope we had.

thanks for the trip down memory lane

Tim

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, macro, photo, quantum