Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Finally some new test photos...
Posted By: Buddha Jones, 09-26-2006, 09:32 AM

After being ill for the better part of a week I was finally healthy enough to get back to taking some test photos and teaching myself how to use my camera and lenses. I went out a bought a new test subject (plant) and brought it back to my studio (kitchen table) and took some shots. Out of the 100 or so I took I saved 12 to share that I thought were cool and named them accordingly. I didn't edit any of them. I was playing with exposure times, shutter speeds, white balances and apertures to see what the different kinds of effects they produce.

You can view them here http://www.coqueran.com/staging/pics/pentax/ Please leave your comments and suggestions and I am a newb and wanting to learn as much as possible.
Views: 2,529
09-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, you certainly seem to be finding your way around f-stops and DOF pretty quickly. I only took a very quick look (I'm supposed to be writing a paper but I'm very tired of it right now!) but they all look great - nice colour, you obviously achieved what you were aiming for in terms of DOF, sharp focus, etc. You seem to have already mastered the vital aspects of exposure. Pretty fine for a self-proclaimed newb!

Julie
09-26-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Finaly some new

Budda, the test shots are georgus, the colors are excelent, and you really have mastered the focus and DOF. Very, very nice. You done real good.

good Shooting.
Cheers: David

Ps. Glad to here your up and around. Now stay healthy would ya.
09-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I am still working my way through the users manual, gots lots to learn still.