Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Hollow Lighthouse
Lens: sigma 17mm - 70mm Camera: Pentax K-r Photo Location: Caloundra ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/6000s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: coreyschweikert, 05-03-2014, 02:52 PM

Hey guys heres my first Real try at photo manipulation, Just having a bit of fun! tell us what you think!

Corey Schweikert | 500px

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by Parallax; 05-03-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Views: 882
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Tough call, as an experiment, I think it was worth the attempt. As a learning experience.
The lighthouse looks like it would have been a good shot on it's own.
I don't think the image lives up to the title, I can see what you were working for I think.
Keep at it, image manipulation can be a great way to make an image pop, or to make a blah image into an artistic vision.
The question i have is this: "Did you acheive your goal, with the manipulation?"
If so, then you did fine!
05-04-2014, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
Tough call, as an experiment, I think it was worth the attempt. As a learning experience.
The lighthouse looks like it would have been a good shot on it's own.
I don't think the image lives up to the title, I can see what you were working for I think.
Keep at it, image manipulation can be a great way to make an image pop, or to make a blah image into an artistic vision.
The question i have is this: "Did you acheive your goal, with the manipulation?"
If so, then you did fine!
Thansk for the reply!

I had no real goal. Just an idea which struck me in the early hours of the morning, and I stopped once this was created! so to answer you question, yes this was my goal!
05-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes the cloud layer is obscuring the light house and looks contrived instead of natural. Same thing on the grass and foreground. But, fun scene.

05-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OnTheWeb Quote
Yes the cloud layer is obscuring the light house and looks contrived instead of natural. Same thing on the grass and foreground. But, fun scene.

I was tossing up between having the grass solid or slightly see through. Well you can see which one won! going for more of a dreamscape rather then reality.
05-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A bit too artificial for me, with competing elements. I'd knock out that big dust blob.