Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another weekend of Crew racing
Posted By: reeftool, 04-26-2008, 02:33 PM

I just got done shooting another day of crew racing. This weekend was the Liberty League Championships in Saratoga Springs, NY. I got better results with the Sigma 70-300 this weekend. This shot is the St. Lawrence Univ. womens 8 winning the championship ( brown boat in the foreground) beating out William Smith College by only inches. And nobody was relaxing! Another 120 shots or so at my page http://picasaweb,google.com/reeftool

Last edited by reeftool; 06-09-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Views: 1,673
04-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Cool pictures, nice stuff in your gallery (although the link is a bit screwy, there is a comma in there where there should be a dot).

Anyway, I saw them and had small world experience!

I live in Albany and I'm a civil engineer (hence the poor spelling). Anyway, I am designing the bridge that is going to be replacing the big green truss bridge that they are rowing toward (and I think eventually under). Part of the project is redesigning/rebuilding the state boat launch, where (I think) you were standing when you took this picture! Pretty neat. Needless to say I am all too familiar with this area. I was trying to get up to SPA for this regatta but other things came up, and regretably had to miss it. It's nice to see some of the cool pictures, and what a day to be outside on the water!

Oh yeah, my wife did her graduate work at SLU!! haha I did mine at Clarkson, so I think that technically makes us rivals....if you're into hockey at least.

Well there I go ramblin again....neato pictures, wish I could have made it to this event.
04-28-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Sorry about the link. I work sunday- thursday nights so i'm just getting back to the computer. I better clean my trifocals more often! If you like rowing the NY State High school championships will be on the creek may 10-11. I'm not sure if I will be there as the ECAC's are the same weekend in Mass. My daughters final exam schedule is conflicting with that event so she may not go. I hope the new bridge is going to be higher off the water. There have been times when even the rowers in the shells have trouble going under the bridge. We have the hockey rivalry in the family already. My brother in law went to Clarkson and my daughter makes it a point to wear her Cluck Farkson T shirt to family events. Heres the link again, hope it works now and sorry everybody for my lousy typinf! LOL Picasa Web Albums - Richard